Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attaching an article  (Read 2272 times)

Sandy Flett

• Accordion and Melodeon Blog
Attaching an article
« on: July 09, 2010, 04:10:54 PM »

I have a 2 page text article I would like to share on melnet, but it is in Word. I have tried printing it off and scanning it, but 100dpi makes each jpeg page over the 256 limit, and less than 100dpi is not sensibly  readable. What is the best way for me to share this article?
DG Dino Baffetti Carnival II (plus accordions)
Accordion and Melodeon blog

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Attaching an article
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 04:17:07 PM »

I would just either copy and paste the text into a post or use a blogsite like www.livejournal.com

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 04:44:21 PM »

I have a 2 page text article I would like to share on melnet, but it is in Word. I have tried printing it off and scanning it, but 100dpi makes each jpeg page over the 256 limit, and less than 100dpi is not sensibly  readable. What is the best way for me to share this article?
The best way would be to convert the Word document to a PDF file. Unless your document contains photographs, the PDF file will almost certainly be less than 256k, probably a good deal less, and then you can attach it to a normal melnet post in the usual way.

As I use a Mac computer, the conversion to PDF is very easy and comes as part of the Mac OS. I don't know what Windows users need to do, but I guess it would involve purchasing software like Adobe Acrobat. I cam convert your Word document for you if you wish. Send me a Private Message and I'll give you an e-mail address which you can use for sending the Word document.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 04:56:37 PM »

As I use a Mac computer, the conversion to PDF is very easy and comes as part of the Mac OS. I don't know what Windows users need to do, but I guess it would involve purchasing software like Adobe Acrobat.

No, no! It's free! Depending on the version of Word - Word 2007 or 2010 will publish directly as a PDF. For earlier versions, install a free PDF creator programme - I used CutePDF with Word 2003. These programmes - there is a multitude of free ones - install as a printer. You just select Print - CutePDF, and the PDF is prepared. This type of programme will make a PDF out of anything that can be printed.

Sandy, I was going to offer to convert it for you (email address on left), but Steve beat me to it.

Bill

Sandy Flett

• Accordion and Melodeon Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »

Many thanks all. I now have a pdf converter and a very small file which I can upload.
DG Dino Baffetti Carnival II (plus accordions)
Accordion and Melodeon blog

Simon

• Respected Sage
  • Serenellini Selli C/F and Gold98 G/C
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »

I don't know what Windows users need to do, but I guess it would involve purchasing software like Adobe Acrobat.
Even windows users can use OpenOffice (with pdf export) instead of wasting money on Word.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal