Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: COMMANDO TRAD La musique traditionelle du Québec  (Read 13817 times)

Kautilya

Re: COMMANDO TRAD La musique traditionelle du Québec
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »

In some places, when you start playing traditional music in public you get arrested... In Québec people enjoy it and start dancing!

Yeah, in some places you'd be arrested for dancing...

I know the spoons, the bones but what instrument (are) the souliers (in the list of gear )- was it the  step dancer's double cloggy accoutrements? >:E

Kautilya

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 01:24:22 PM »

And the voices -- for next UK effort - would have been even nicer with more accompaniment as song developed.

Fidjit

• my space on My Space
Re: Re: COMMANDO TRAD La musique traditionelle du Qu�bec
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2011, 01:59:54 PM »

(just in case, like me, many of us in England are thinking what a great wheeze it would be to emulate Commando Trad and do the same here
wouldn't it be best to use some English tunes rather than Canadienne

Of course! My first thought was it would be good to do it here, and it never occurred to me to do it with anything other than English tunes.

Mind you, half of Joe Public passing by would still think we were playing Irish or Scottish music. I bet the Canadians don't have that problem with recognising their own culture.

Anahata

We already have this quintessentially :|bl  English thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPzk5618k74 

Québécois

• Accordez-vous donc, c'est si beau, l'accordéon!
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2011, 03:30:44 PM »

I know the spoons, the bones but what instrument (are) the souliers (in the list of gear )- was it the  step dancer's double cloggy accoutrements? >:E
Yes, the souliers are the shoes. In québécois language, the step dancing is called gigue (pronounced like 'jig' except with a soft 'j' sound [ʒ], not 'dj'). Someone who dances la gigue is a gigueur or a gigueux for a man, or gigueuse for a woman.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:37:11 PM by Québécois »
Hohner Morgane D/G, pre-Erica Hohner in C/F and G/C,
Hohner Erica A/D, Roland FR-18

Kautilya

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »

Yes, the souliers are the shoes. In québécois language, the step dancing is called gigue (pronounced like 'jig' except with a soft 'j' sound [ʒ], not 'dj'). Someone who dances la gigue is a gigueur or a gigueux for a man, or gigueuse for a woman.

And here was me thinking winkle-pickers on a gigolo!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal