Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My ADG Gabbanelli Demo Vid  (Read 1554 times)

accordion criminal

• Good talker
My ADG Gabbanelli Demo Vid
« on: July 26, 2010, 11:30:06 PM »

I know I've been flooding this forum with posts lately. However, after today, I'll be on the road for a couple weeks and probably won't even get to play during that time. One of my goals this summer has been to post some accordion playing vids and share them.

Somebody here asked for a pic of my Gabbanelli--this video doesn't show off its neat chatoyant red/green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llaf8JebUQc

John C

• Regular debater
Re: My ADG Gabbanelli Demo Vid
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 01:25:30 PM »

Hi,
I enjoyed this and you've done very well to copy Jan Anders.

I see you playing C#D, ADG and you say that you were playing PA also - are you getting confused between them or will you focus on one system eventually.   Do you practice each instrument daily or focus one tune at a time with one particular box and then another tune on a different box.

Its really interesting to see your videos and your approach to music - well done.

I would like to see and hear more of the Irish Dancemaster accordion when its been played for some time and the bellows are less stiff.

John

Saltarelle Laurentide GCF, Saltarelle Cheviot ADG

accordion criminal

• Good talker
Re: My ADG Gabbanelli Demo Vid
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »

Hi John,
I no longer have any interest in PAs. I played with them about two years and then sold them and put almost all my energy into computer electronics and programming. Then I got a teaching job in which I could channel my new technical abilities, and I couldn't stand not exploring music on a complex acoustic instrument any longer, so I thought I would try BAs because from what I tried, they are lighter and more fun to play than PAs. I'll keep playing both the C#D and the ADG, probably continue playing the C#D about twice as much as the ADG just because the Dancemaster is less physically demanding and has better reeds. After I finish my relocation this summer, I'll be looking for musical partners again, so depending on what these people like to play, I may end up using the ADG more than I think I will. Thanks for asking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal