Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Son of a Preacher Man  (Read 2392 times)

GuyWyatt

• Respected Sage
Son of a Preacher Man
« on: April 15, 2008, 02:13:56 PM »

Does anyone have an arrangement of this that will work on a DG? Scouring the net and even spending money hasn't come up with anything that I can use and I am too much of a musical numpty to work it out from scratch. All contributions gratefully received.
Cheers
Guy

Waltham

• Regular debater
Re: Son of a Preacher Man
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 03:24:07 PM »

In a word, no.  But for what it's worth I'd suggest trying it in D rather than G because the flattened seventh is quite important to the harmonic structure.  On the other hand the long fifth chord before the chorus is going to be awkward since it'll then fall on A, so you'll have to be careful not to run out of air.  If you're playing a two-and-half row box things may be different.   If only the late-great Tufty Swift had recorded an album of "Tufty plays Dusty".  Then again, perhaps not.

You are aware it'll sound dreadful, aren't you?

GuyWyatt

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 03:49:35 PM »

You are aware it'll sound dreadful, aren't you?

Oh yes, no change there then. Thanks for the comment anyway.
G

Waltham

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 04:01:52 PM »

No aspersion on your playing intended, naturally.  But if you're into cheesy melodeon-pop why not join in the Beatles challenge?  (http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php?topic=458.msg3527#msg3527)

Come to think of it, a club melodeon might make a better job of Preacher Man.  Dammit, not I'm going to have to learn to play it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal