News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oops  (Read 1290 times)

oggiesnr

• Dino BPII, Alfred Arnold Bandoneon, Loffet G/C
Oops
« on: August 10, 2010, 10:53:13 PM »

I've bought a C Pokerwork (4 Bass) off fleabay.  It didn't cost much which is just as well as it's actually a restoration job. Bellows are fine but the rest of it...

My wife's comment was "Um, how much did you pay???" in that sort of voice that all husbands learn to fear.

So, this will be my starter project and learning curve.  I have good hand skills but no other melodeon knowledge other than I play them.

Where do I start, what do I need, is there a set order for doing this?  Any help, comments or pointers to relevant threads gratefully received.

Steve

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
Re: Oops
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:29:30 PM »

If your memory is anything like mine Steve, photo's & / or drawings of each stage and mark the position / orientation of anything you take off is a good starting point.

There are plenty of threads on this and the old forum on repairs and maintenance - information or opinion overload may feature in your near future, it did with me but thankfully we have the accumulated wisdom and experience of lots of nice folk hereabouts to advise  (:)

Richard

Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:59:56 AM »

I have an identical box (:) I was going to restore it earlier this summer, but things conspired against it. It's looking like October now. If the bellows are fine that's something. I can envisage revalving and rewaxing and perhaps even tuning, but repairing bellows and mechanisms looks like a tedious bugger of a job :P
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

boaz-1990

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 11:37:24 PM »

I have an identical box (:) I was going to restore it earlier this summer, but things conspired against it. It's looking like October now. If the bellows are fine that's something. I can envisage revalving and rewaxing and perhaps even tuning, but repairing bellows and mechanisms looks like a tedious bugger of a job :P

I bought an old one-row off ebay in a seriously poor condition to restore and have found bellows rebuilding a fun and fairly easy process. The only bad point is thta i now have to rebuild the soundboard and button mechanism which will not be fun. The plan is to re-sell it and buy my first melodeon after playing P/A for about a year, though I think I might spend more than I make!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal