Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Site restored - attachments after 23/7/10 lost; look out for other problems  (Read 2353 times)

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page

Hi - I've restored the somewhat poorly website from backup; I've had to do that via a rather unconventional route rather than the expected restore mechanism, so file permissions may (will) be messed up. Please report any issues you see.

Also, any attachments posted between 23/7/10 and 15/8/10 on messages are *lost* - they're held on disk, not database, and consequently didn't fall under the automated database backup scheme I had in place. Oops. Sorry about that, I'll try and sort out something better about that tomorrow.

Cheers,

Clive

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place

Thanks Clive, and apologies to everyone for any inconvenience.  The problem was entirely due to human error by me!
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place

There may be some special characters such as accented letter and other less common symbols that do not display correctly.   I think I have found most of them, but please let me know by PM if you spot any more.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal