Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discussion: Should we change TOTM: Q1- Why are we having less posters  (Read 33473 times)

diatosoldo

• Respected Sage
  • Castagnari Benny, Dino Baffetti 85LN
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/diatosoldo
Re: Discussion: Should we change TOTM: Q1- Why are we having less posters
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2012, 09:46:23 AM »

And my absolute favorite poster is LDT, who plays the tunes straight, rock-solid, and at a perfect speed to learn on the fly.  Brilliant!

I do agree too ... playing slowly as she does is the most difficult thing and requires a lot of hability, sort of a way to perfection, isn't it  ... ;-)
♫ ♪  I'm french ♫ ♪
G/C Castagnari Benny
A/D Dino Baffetti 85LN
A/D Thierry Bennetoux
http://www.youtube.com/user/diatosoldo

Prestidigitator

• Respected Sage
  • Saltarelle, Hohner, Oakwood Baffetti
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2012, 12:28:13 PM »

I think that the whole TOTM arrangement is fine as it is. As far as I'm aware, participation is voluntary, and if you don't like the current TOTM, then don't learn it. Being mostly an acolyte of English music in all of its forms, along with music from Brittany, the past TOTM list contains a few tunes that I don't take to, a lot that I adore, and one (Ashokan) that I detest beyond all reasoning.

I'm not a great fan of "home movies", so I don't have the sort of equipment needed to make videos; nor do I plan to get any. I could record on my trusty Zoom H2, and put it on a sound-only website, but somehow that seems like cheating! I'd also be depriving the forum, and the world of Youtube, of my special "concentrating" expression, which doesn't seem fair either. These excuses don't actually absolve me from a small guilty feeling for not participating.

One way or the other, TOTM enables me to see and hear some really cracking players, which I would go to many lengths to do likewise in the flesh. This sharpens up my aspirations, and also gives me the get-outs from some of the ruts that many years of box-playing make plentiful. The efforts of the newer players leave me green with envy, and wishing I could go back years and emulate them. I do however make a definite point of NOT coveting some of the beautiful boxes on show.

Don't change it or make it complicated i.e. it ain't broke, so don't fix it.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2012, 02:48:23 PM »

I could record on my trusty Zoom H2, and put it on a sound-only website, but somehow that seems like cheating!
There are several of us who have no video recording equipment (including myself - also with a trusty Zoom H2) so we do indeed put stuff on a sound-only website, like Soundcloud or Omnvoice. It's not cheating at all. Just different.

Don't change it or make it complicated i.e. it ain't broke, so don't fix it.
Hear hear! (literally  ;D  )
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal