Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: any developments on Lpool trad commando?????????  (Read 10085 times)

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
Re: any developments on Lpool trad commando?????????
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 01:05:58 PM »

that's a real shame - I can't make the 23rd - will be busy moving a narrowboat from Norbury Junction to Nantwich via Chester and Ellesmere Port

That is a shame, but inevitable that some people will miss out.  Keep an eye open in case it does move again, although I suspect (hope) not.
Brian Read
D/G Oakwood (new model), D/G, C /F, Bb/Eb and E/A Liliputs,
A STREB!!,
2.5 D/G Self made Emmanuel Pariselle, D/G Pokerwork,
and Wolverton Advanced G/D Anglo Concertina and C/G  1937 Wheatstone.
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.

Kautilya

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 05:49:58 PM »

Spies suggest frequented space starting from Lime St, /Central Station through shopping mall into Clayton Square where there is the big TV screen
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/articles/2009/07/01/big_screen_barber_seville_feature.shtml

along Church st (pedestrianised) past old Woolworths towards Courts and old Horne Bros and into Liverpool 1 Shopping Mall (which has  expensive underground parking
http://www.liverpool-one.com/website/by-car.aspx
 then past the Cavern Club in Mathew Streeet, then to the Baltic pub next to which is Chevas Park with lots of grass (apparently) for sitting (playing on).

Parking problem: a few (!) players may be able to park outside the all day every day inner and outer parking zones and use bus passes on the buses to move about free-ly...........with box in shopping trolley. This assumes Lpool allows non-Scouse residents' passes......

The two controlled zones have maximum parking time of two hours.  The Council seems to have no zone map online.
http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/liverpool/

Seems the caff at the Pier Head, the  Liver Diner, up the road from Baltic & Albert may have shut down.
 ??? ???

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 07:13:07 AM »

Just to point out there may be a conflict with public entertainment rules in this - though that may be no bad thing! Am available by pm to discuss.
Thanks for the point, We _are_ in touch with the relevant authorities.

Quite - somehow negates the commando element a bit though ???  But then this isn't advertised as a strike against public entertainment licencing, so I guess you are right.  I cannot see my diary from here, but I think 23rd is OK for me.  

Liverpool One and Lord Street pedestrian shopping areas should defo be on the hit list. All are on the Wirral into Liverpool railway loop. I live very close (10-15 minutes, across the river). Any stormtrooper who needs logistic help - please PM me.

Is there to be a press release?  They get quite bored and creative blocked on LIverpool Echo and that might run. When I did this for May Morris 'dance up the sun' I ended up with half of page 3 to myself! But given the ideas from Quebec - TV would be best.

And is there to be a dress code?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 07:27:31 AM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 10:06:35 AM »

Just to point out there may be a conflict with public entertainment

Not something I'd thought of - folksy people tend to have very different ideas of dress anyway.  Got any particular thoughts?
Brian Read
A STREB!!,
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.

brianread

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 10:08:29 AM »

Is there to be a press release? 

If the aim is to create something like the impact/atmosphere of the Montreal vid on youtube then I think alerting the press or other media in advance would be a mistake. One of the things that makes that clip so delightful is the public surprise. Think how different it would look if there had been press/tv in the area waiting for the action.

I'm not sure about this, possibly others involved in the organisation might have stronger views.  I'll ask the question.
Brian Read
A STREB!!,

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 10:30:36 AM »

If the aim is to create something like the impact/atmosphere of the Montreal vid on youtube then I think alerting the press or other media in advance would be a mistake. One of the things that makes that clip so delightful is the public surprise.

Totally agree, and surely that's why they brought their own camera crew, because they knew the press wouldn't be there.
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 10:53:35 AM »

If the aim is to create something like the impact/atmosphere of the Montreal vid on youtube then I think alerting the press or other media in advance would be a mistake. One of the things that makes that clip so delightful is the public surprise.

Totally agree, and surely that's why they brought their own camera crew, because they knew the press wouldn't be there.

I also agree. The clue is in the title. It's a commando raid i.e. no press.
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

Kautilya

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »

Just to point out there may be a conflict with public entertainment

Not something I'd thought of - folksy people tend to have very different ideas of dress anyway.  Got any particular thoughts?

at monster exhibition fairs tend to put team in same Himachali Topis*. Our equivalent could be  red hats (not of the Vatican Theo-logical type) but such as LDT or our FleeLeader. This means you can spot someone else in  the crowd by standing on a raised spot.  Essex girls know that you must wear a red jumper when playing golf around Epping Forest - old law so you do not get shot by an arrow from a ranger, especially around Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge where the security (was) tight....

* first pic, though usually in the colours of the Maharajah of Shimla.
 http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=Himachali+Topees+photo&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=M--RTLLJIcH74AbK2cWJBA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCIQsAQwAA&biw=1024&bih=470
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:39:34 PM by Kautilya »

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 11:35:36 AM »

Point taken. I'll not publish this on the Internet either then - although Britain's GCHQ will have picked up on some of the language already used in this thread

..  are you still listening 'M'? Do give my best regards to 'Q'  ;)

btw - doing fine here in the 'Baltic'  8)  "not to mention the Finns" The Easyjet chappie overshot the terminal by 2m, and had to be pushed back, but that's better than Ryanair's wrong airport gaffe

.. sauna time (they remember to switch them on here)!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 11:37:59 AM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

Kautilya

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 12:42:13 PM »

.. sauna time (they remember to switch them on here)!
NO pictures pleeeease (ref 'dress optional' for Trad) >:E

brianread

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »

Yes, i think i am convinced by the "no press", I'll pass it on.  Perhaps we can inform them afterwards and provide pictures/video.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 07:32:40 PM by brianread »
Brian Read
A STREB!!,

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »

Yes, i think i am convinced by the "no press", I'll pass it on.  Perhaps we can inform them afterwards and provide pictures/video.

That's the way to do it.
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

Andrew Wigglesworth

• My website
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »

If they're professionals (TV and local newspapers ought to be!), journalists will respect an embargo on a news story of this sort.

brianread

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »

Some more details in this events thread.

http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/topic,4976.0.html
Brian Read
A STREB!!,
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal