Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme of the Month for October 2010 - Tunes from Scandinavia  (Read 37061 times)

forrest

• Other Places::
  • digits still functioning
Re: Theme of the Month for October 2010 - Tunes from Scandinavia
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2011, 02:43:11 AM »

I got sidetracked in Scandinavia, it seems. This tune was stuck in my brain, so I had to see if it fit under the buttons, and it did. So now I don't have to buy a nyckelharpa just yet, and I can move on  :Ph

Slangpolska efter Juringius

robriki

• Regular debater
  • Saltarelle AD Nuage, Hohner CG Erica
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2011, 05:27:41 AM »

One of my favorite player is Markku Lepisto, if you don't know him, have a look at :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbvIYBiYPhU

Chris Brimley

« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2011, 09:35:29 AM »

That is just amazing!

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2011, 09:41:38 AM »

Lovely sound j.w. and lovely box? What's it's tuning? My guess is F#BE, am I close?
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

forrest

« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »

Lovely sound j.w. and lovely box? What's it's tuning? My guess is F#BE, am I close?

You are right on, Ukebert. The old German tuning refers to B as 'H', so the instrument is marked: Fis H E. I have just finished retuning after reading that the older Hohner zinc plate reeds sound better when tuned "drier". I have found this to be the case as well. The basses are a handful, though! :o

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2011, 07:59:31 PM »

Well you've done a lovely job, it sounds absolutely superb. Slightly jealous I have to admit, although F#BE isn't exactly the most common tuning :P
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

forrest

« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2011, 02:43:39 AM »

Well you've done a lovely job, it sounds absolutely superb. Slightly jealous I have to admit, although F#BE isn't exactly the most common tuning :P

Thank you. I must give credit to my Dirk's software. And yes, not so common a tuning these days. An interesting note: guitar needs only to be capo-ed up two frets, and then the guitarist is in tune with the box, playing his normal E,A, or D positions...... (:)

forrest

« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2011, 06:59:05 PM »

Here's a late one....recorded sometime ago and parked as 'unlisted'. I think I was unhappy with a couple of bum notes.... :|bl. I first heard this tune when I was very young , in a Howard Johnson's travelling with my folks on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It has stuck in my mind all these years. As DTN  so wisely advised:  "Play 'em out!" Performed here on an old Guiseppi Janni & Figli organetto in D, neon bling courtesy of Windows Movie Maker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27GzXlI0u2E

Lyn

• Respected Sage
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2011, 09:08:13 PM »

Just been going through this thread for the first time - and have just managed to play Susie's Reinlander eckte er........ should have written it down, but you'll maybe know the one I mean. It's so catchy I LOVE it! I notice I am not playing exactly the same basses somewhere along the line but will refine it later. Jus so chuffed with meself! Thanks for posting it.

ah, it's post number 78  reinlander efte oje.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:09:29 PM by Lyn »
saltarelle nuage DG

Castagnari Mory DG

forrest

« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2012, 06:32:01 PM »

Having become enamored with Grind Hans Jässpodspolska , I set out to learn it. There are many interesting versions out there, some are played brightly as a slip jig, others more slowly with slightly different phrasing, perhaps more akin to Swedish fiddle or Nyckelharpa. Anyway, I have made a recording here, and have chosen a phrasing and tempo that felt natural to me. I am open to comments or suggestions.
 I am playing it on the G row of my G/C Pokerwork, and have added a guitar track on the last repeat. It also sounds quite well on my 30 button G/D anglo, and I have plans to play it with my violinist friend as a duet, eventually. If that works out, I'll  try to post a recording. (:)

Grind Hans Jässpodspolska
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal