Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What events should be in a melodeon player's diary?  (Read 2998 times)

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
What events should be in a melodeon player's diary?
« on: November 12, 2007, 06:40:42 PM »

Driving back from Witney, full of motivation and mind beginning to unwind, I thought - What's Next?

As everyone starts to plan for 2008, I think it would be useful to highlight the significant events for melodeon players through the year. For example, which weekend festivals always have melodeon workshops, which are good for english music sessions etc etc.

Yes, you've guessed - I don't know where to go and want some ideas. And I guess there are probably lots of others like me.

For starters, we have

EATMT - end March, Melodeons in Mendlesham, Suffolk
MAW - early November.

I also seem to remember there was a week's scottish squeezing course on Skye in the summer, and a free reed weekend in Aberdeen at the end of October. But haven't gone searching in the other place for the old posts.

Help!!! ???

Andy
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!

Andrew Wigglesworth

• My website
Re: What events should be in a melodeon player's diary?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 01:43:08 PM »

There could be a sort of mix and match with which festivals etc people are going to so meet-ups could be arranged.

However........ I'm not sure about getting all the melnetters together in one session though   :o

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: What events should be in a melodeon player's diary?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 02:45:50 PM »

And please remember that there are members of this group spread far over the planet.

Can I also give a reminder, and invitation to members with news of events to put them in the calendar.  You can either link an existing post to the calendar, or make an entry direct  in the calendar which then creates a linked post on this discussion.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal