Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Excelsior mini special  (Read 1509 times)

ACE

Excelsior mini special
« on: October 10, 2010, 03:41:40 PM »

Just settled in home back from my annual trip to the frozen wastelands of the north. I happened upon a nice little session in the Ring O Bells in Kendal where I took my concertina which I am absolutely useless at. A nice fiddle player lent me his lilly for the evening and MAD set in, so off to the Music Room to trade in the conny and be the new owner of a lilly.

But ther was a lot of other melodeons on the shelf, so I had to have a go on each and every one just to satisfy myself that I was making the right choice. I tried the mini excelsior which was not too bad then I tried the special with the binci reeds. Well I was smitten again,  (twice in two days) I picked up the lilly again for a comparison then the mini special and the lilly again but the excelsior won the contest.

Got it well and truly blooded at the Ingleton folk festival and and a little play at Banbury. It holds it own  in a session so I am well pleased. Can be raucous if you let it but it has a gentle side for the singers. Won't break the bank either.
Saltarelle Horizon, Dino mini, Lachenal g/d anglo
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal