Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations for tutors for 2 row fourth or fifth tuned boxes requested  (Read 3273 times)

Jamie Robertson

• Good talker
  • C/F Pokerwork, A/D Venezia, B/C Double Ray DeLuxe,

Hi gang,

After playing Anglo concertina for some years, I've finally gotten bitten by the melodeon bug severely enough to buy one.  It's a G/C one, but regardless, I'm interested in learning "the right way" as not to develop bad habits in fingering, etc.  I'm familiar with the Mally book, and am not put off by its being directed toward a different key of instrument.  There's also Billy Wiseman in Newfoundland who has a series of tab books, including a tutor.  I haven't looked at either book personally.

Any suggestions are welcome.  Recommendations written from some personal experience with the materials is preferred, but hearsay concerning strong points or shortcomings of different books is also encouraged.

Jim
Music is the Best.  Frank Zappa.

Andy in Vermont

• Mélodie
    • Melodeon Minutes (blog)
Re: Recommendations for tutors for 2 row fourth or fifth tuned boxes requested
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:19:57 PM »

The Milleret/Pignol books are outstanding for G/C!  Work through book one and you will be in very good shape!
-Andy

melodeon

Re: Recommendations for tutors for 2 row fourth or fifth tuned boxes requested
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 10:58:12 PM »

A second vote vor Milleret/Pignol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal