Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Stage" (course) Impro 2011  (Read 1778 times)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
"Stage" (course) Impro 2011
« on: October 28, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »

Milleret/Pignol and a number of others from the Grenoble group will run their annual Improvisation Course from Sun 27 Feb to 5 March. I think it's run 25 years now! Stage Impro is something of a legend in France and Belgium - about 1/3 of people go back for another go. I've been 3x over 10 years.

They usually get 30 or so "stagaires" and teaching is completely in French. They also have tendency to call C,D,E as "do,ré,mi". It's a rather pleasant week away - always somewhere nice - this time it looks to be high in the Isere valley 30km South of Grenoble. The grub is always 'of the region'

http://www.mustradem.com/Formation/chichi2011.html
   I see they are running a dance improvisation course in parallel!

Melodeon players were advised 2½ or 3 rows last year although it's not written down for this year. But all impro teaching is generic, so if you play something else - doesn't matter. Have seen scat singers and even bagpipes there. The evenings can get very jazzy, although Norbert usually doesn't come out of his shell til after 1am.

Wine buffs - there is a handy synchrony with the annual festival of wines at Tain l'Hermitage - last w/e Feb. I got to taste la Chappelle 3 years ago  :P

Anyone interested please PM me for more detail. NB Stage Impro is not a melodeon, or 'jazz'  course Chris

[edit] Yes, it is pretty! Click here to see
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:14:07 AM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

stevejay

Re: "Stage" (course) Impro 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:28:20 PM »

I spy Julie Andrews running through the wildflowers there.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:30:09 PM by stevejay »

Sandy

• 'Musical Landlady'
Re: "Stage" (course) Impro 2011
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:07:32 AM »

Er, not in February :

Julie Andrews skiing  ???   

8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal