Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workshops in Moretonhampstead Devon 22/23 Jan '11 - Cutting content!  (Read 1807 times)

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon

Dear All,
One of my morris friends is organising this event below, and I've volunteered to put a copy of his email on here.
It's his personal venture, so please contact him through the details below. I know nothing more than what's posted below!
Thanks for looking
Q

QUOTE:
In response to the success of last winter’s six half-day workshops in Moretonhampstead, Devon with Jo Freya and Flos Headford, and the subsequent feedback, there will be two full weekend workshops early next year which will be advertised nationally.  The first is on 22/23 January for intermediate / good players with Jo Freya (The Old Swan Band, Token Women, Blowzabella), Paul Burgess (The Old Swan Band) and Andy Cutting (Blowzabella).

The format will be:
•   Saturday morning — 3 concurrent single instrument workshops (Andy Cutting—melodeon, Paul Burgess—fiddle, Jo Freya—wind/other instruments),
•   Saturday afternoon — Playing for dance workshops with a mix of instruments ( ‘French’ / Blowzabella style, and English ceilidh)
•   Sunday  — repeat of Saturday’s structure, but more tunes and more technique
•   Places will be strictly limited so book early!

Accommodation – you can choose from bunk room, b&b, hotel, or holiday flat/cottage at Budleigh Farm; visit www.moretonhampstead.com and choose your own (mention you are coming to the workshops).  I should be able to arrange parking for motorhomes and camping for the hardy! 

Please email jeremy.tozer@btinternet.com or visit   or www.montysmaggot.co.uk or  for further details.

Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

xgx

• Bagpipes & Musette Boxes... and Banjos, luv 'em!
Re: Workshops in Moretonhampstead Devon 22/23 Jan '11 - Cutting content!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 01:36:36 PM »

Thanks Threppence ;)
Graham

N Cambs/S Lincs - UK   :|glug + :|glug:|||: = :|bl

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 10:00:08 PM »

Just heard from the organiser - positions filling up rapidly, so please get in touch if you're thinking about it.
As ever contact Jerry directly please, info up there ^^^ I'm just the go-between!
cheers
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 07:32:42 PM »

Dear All,
My friend has to firm up arrangements about the weekend, as it's fast approaching.
If you were thinking about it, or have enquired without making a firm booking, please contact Jerry now.
Or more to the point, please send in booking fees now!
thanks
Q
( on behalf of Jerry. )
Thrupenny Bit

SteveC

• Regular debater
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 08:27:11 PM »

I second that - if you're interested let Jerry know and make a booking otherwise it might not go ahead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal