Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Squeezing Shropshire's Second Workshop Day  (Read 10123 times)

Ray Langton

• Regular debater
    • Ray Langton Music
Re: Squeezing Shropshire's Second Workshop Day
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »

Notation for Pete Coe's workshops now on the site :|||:

Ray Langton

• Regular debater
    • Ray Langton Music
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 08:27:39 PM »

Been a busy day today! Brian Peter's music for his Squeezing Shropshire workshops has just been put onto the website www.raylangton.com Nearly a full house.

Kautilya

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 12:53:38 AM »

Been a busy day today! Brian Peter's music for his Squeezing Shropshire workshops has just been put onto the website www.raylangton.com Nearly a full house.
Ray (view the dot numbering, score reading,  'earin' learning debate) I will try to find midi sound/videos to go with the dot scores you are putting for the various toons for workshop groups.
Trouble is what I find may not match the tutor's score....praps they have own midis/own videos... ;) ;) ;)
Or praps students for each wkshop could dig out same for rest of us....
e.g. here is Bonny at Morn (tho on Anglo) with a few extra notes in first bar but very usuable for getting melody:
http://www.youtube.com/user/squeezeboxmad?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/0/g4cRRdHHGUg

Pat Shaw's John Tallis' Canon (on English which a little difficult to extract from fiddle) but I am delighted to see the score has Grassby push and pull numbers under the notes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPvyJWDJUE8

Ray Langton

• Regular debater
    • Ray Langton Music
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 10:05:19 AM »

Pete will be with us on the Saturday-however I think the numbering system for translating notation to button pushes and pulls has been around for a long time!

Ray Langton

• Regular debater
    • Ray Langton Music
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 01:15:27 PM »

Written notation for most workshops now available and sound files from Katie and Ray

Kautilya

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 07:30:55 PM »

Written notation for most workshops now available and sound files from Katie and Ray
Easy listening...... ;) ;)

Ray Langton

• Regular debater
    • Ray Langton Music
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 12:27:10 PM »

Only a short time to go now till Squeezing Shropshire's workshoip day and Big Squeeze concert-still some space if anyone is still thinking of coming along.

Ray Langton

• Regular debater
    • Ray Langton Music
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 02:52:11 PM »

All the music notation for the workshops is now on my website www.raylangton.com.
Highlight copy and paste into Word or similar and print off to have your own copy. Yes the print will be a little fuzzy but it means you can try out the tunes before hand!

Look froward to seeing everyone on the day.

Kautilya

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 10:29:09 AM »

Is this a "blog"  ???
Your super je ne sais quoi is why we're all waiting to hear that you're coming Chris!!!  (:) (:)

BFG

• Good talker
  • Sandpiper D/G, Pariselle G/C
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »

Hi Ray

Looking forward to tomorrow!

I see that the workshops kick of at 10:30 - is there any sort of preamble before this? I'm trying to figure out what time to aim to get there.

Cheers,

Rob
Beginner - definitely a beginner

Ray Langton

• Regular debater
    • Ray Langton Music
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2011, 05:18:51 PM »

Hi Rob
No pre amble as such-there will be a sealed envelope with your instructions (and tickets) on the reception desk on arrival and native guides to direct you to the right places.
The Town Hall will open at 9.00 and the coffee bar will open around then as well. Pete Grassby will be setting up his stall from 9.00 and the artists merchandise stall will be set up as the artists arrive and have their merchandise checked to go on sale.
So arrival time is up to you any time form 9.00 onwards.
Look forward to seeing you-presume you have been able to access the notation for the workshops and the programme on my website.
There is definitely the option of sessioning in the Castle Inn at lunchtime courtesy of the landlord.
All the best

zubz

• Respected Sage
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2011, 11:17:51 AM »

Thanks to Ray and the team for another well organized day.
There were good learning points from all 3 workshops that I attended, covering a variety of topics including pulse, pace, embellishing, variations and much more.

Great stuff - many thanks.

Squeezing Shropshire

• New Starter
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2011, 11:24:14 AM »

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic Second Big Squeeze in Wem. Great workshops, wonderful concert, superb atmosphere! thanks to Simon Care, Ray Langton, Katie Howson, Pete Coe and Brian Peters for making it possible. Thanks to Pete Grassby for beginners taster sessions and running repairs. Thanks too to the young techies and MCs for helping to make it such a unique event (and thanks to Lou, Adam, Spence and George for supporting them so brilliantly!!) and  thanks Gertie Sweet for brewing our fabulous namesake ale.  Finally thanks to Wem Town Hall and The Castle for being our generous hosts.  Here's to Squeezing Shropshire's Third Big Squeeze next year - see you there!

Playford

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2011, 05:47:50 PM »

Certainly will. Another really great day. Well done to everyone. Workshops some of the best I've been to. Concert great - good to have the additional projection so you could see just how skilled the professionals are!! And an ale for the event. Perfect. Count me in next year! :||:

Ellie

• Saltarelle Pastourelle II
    • Rose Hips Bellydance
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2011, 09:45:51 PM »

Just back (via all sorts of places!), and wanted to say what a great day it was - wonderfully small group sizes meant that I've learned loads, and the whole day was thoroughly enjoyable, and very well organised (the beer was good too!). I shall certainly be back next year  (:) Many thanks to all involved.

rmenhinick

• Regular debater
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2011, 10:47:17 PM »

Well done to Ray and the Squeezing Shropshire team for a brilliant day with some first class tutors. I learned lots and have plenty to think about to further develop techniques and skills.
I also thoroughly enjoyed the concert - with a line up like that it was going to be good but I have no idea how good.
I'll look forward to coming back next year. :||:
Old G Poker, New DG Poker, ADG Compadre, DG Sandpiper, CF Erica, GC Delicia Popular, DG Dino Baffetti Black Pearl 3, Casali Verona 48 bass PA, (Squeezebox Squirrel :D)

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2011, 10:54:15 PM »

Great day yesterday - nice to meet some familiar names from Melnet and put faces to a few more Melnet names!!! And making some new friends along the way (:) Thanks to Ray for organising it.

Wem Town Hall was great - from the outside looked like a traditional red brick public sector building. Inside - wow, complete gut and renovate! What an inspiring public space for a rural community. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the concert due to prior family commitments (beer tokens run out)

The workshops themselves benefited from small class sizes - you could hear yourself play, and lots of support from the tutors.

Recommend thoroughly - if you like Witney and/or Mendlesham, then add Wem to your list.

Andy

PS Thanks to Katie for letting me play her Eric Martin - now I understand why John Spiers has sold his Oakwood to get an Eric Martin box. Definitely not MAD!!!!
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!

Kautilya

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »

Luvved it as last year.
Most useful breakthroughs on the bass liberation front tks to all tutors and talk about personalised tuition - great.
The sun shone and the next day too when it burnt my single-strap shoulder while swimming out with the tide at Aberdyfi estuary (no melodeon attached I might add!) coz I forgot to wear appropriate covering for Cardigan Bay ;) ;)

ps one pint of shandy at the Castle (Ray's breakaway hole-up) Just 2 quid.
Pint of shandy at Greene King's The George at Southwark (3.90 to 4.20......) No contest!)

Roll out the barrel for 2012........

PPS - The Dragons are ready to fly  == will shortly put up note about the Welsh musical weekend in the valleys above Swansea  at the end of October .
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal