Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hohner international  (Read 1474 times)

Andrew Culwell

hohner international
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:01:57 AM »

Spotted this on Ebay.  hohner international, looks like a chinese fake.  Thought it was interesting.  I like the grill~

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hohner-International-Melodeon-Used-/130460970371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e60146d83
Hohner's, Paolo Soprani red 4 voice, Paddy Clancy Celtic

Malcolm Clapp

• Loving my Hohner-reeded wet MMM CastaTommy
Re: hohner international
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 08:34:38 AM »

I bought one of these virtually brand new in the mid 1980s with an identical grill (in fact, identical everything as far as I can see), bearing the name Mudan. Made in China and keyed A/D. Wasn't bad to play, though all the original straps were vinyl and had to be replaced quite early. The celluloid finish was not quite as well applied as on the standard Erica and the bellows were more shallow, but with a couple of extra folds.
IMHO, not a bad instrument for a beginner, as the seller implies.
Tuner/repairer, now retired, but still playing! Happy to offer advice on repairs etc., and might be persuaded to undertake the odd emergency job for local and longtime  customers. Selling a few melodeons from my collection currently....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal