Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New used Corso  (Read 3220 times)

Randal Scott

• Respected Sage
  • Western USA
New used Corso
« on: May 17, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »

I'm a recent convert from concertina to DBA; I still play my 'tinas, but since playing a couple of contra dances (I play all the strings) with a DBA player a couple of months ago I have swooned for the larger box.  I scored a virtually mint vintage pokerwork on the bay for a killer price, but have been seeking an A/D box.  I just took delivery on an old Corso in almost mint condition I scored on ebay--just wanted to report how delighted I am to have finally acquired the elusive A/D box.  What a big sound--what a big bass.  :)  How did our ancestors survive without ebay?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:33:20 PM by catty »

meltzer

Re: New used Corso
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »

Those A basses are tasty, alright. Happy playing.  8)

melodeon

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 12:50:06 AM »

I survive quite well without e bay

I like the Corso.. bought a mint C/F at an auction for $35.35  USD  had it retuned dryish

Congrats

sCANdanADIAN

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »

In this thread from awhile back,the norwegian musican being discussed is playing an A/D corso.Lovely sound and very nice playing.I play a Corona III in A/D/G,I wish that I had the low E/G# notes that your Corso has.
http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php?topic=344.0

Chris

Randal Scott

• Respected Sage
  • Western USA
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 02:04:48 AM »

Nice--thanks for the clip, Chris.

I'd assumed that the Corso was very similar to the Corona--didn't realize the keyboard range was different.

FWIW, I live in a small town in the Western U.S.--I can't even find a strap bracket for my box, much less DBAs themselves.  Hence, my predilection for ebay.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 05:35:16 PM by catty »

sCANdanADIAN

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 04:30:15 AM »

The Corona has a 10/11/10 button configuration,so the A-row is missing the low notes below the low A.The D row gets an extra high button which isn't a good trade-off.The basses also have to be played a bit differently.

Other than that the Corso and Corona's sound and play the same on the A and D rows.

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal