Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tune of the Month for January 2011 - La Marianne  (Read 45703 times)

Lyn

• Respected Sage
Re: Tune of the Month for January 2011 - La Marianne
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2011, 10:30:05 AM »

oooh thank you Sarah, for sorting this out for me and getting it on the site. Yet another little skill which I shall no doubt have to learn. I love this tune and really enjoy Sandy's version. This is the first tune I've learned (apart from Winster gallop) and I now have an easier, cross-rowing version which Steve suggested, so fewer push/pulls. Yep, it needs a bit of work but I'm not too disappointed with it.
saltarelle nuage DG

Castagnari Mory DG

JonathanC

• Jonathan Causebrook Music Page
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2011, 06:19:05 PM »

I have posted this one before, but have been practicing and think (hope!) this is an improved version.
http://youtu.be/cwPIXlWB9BU
"Have squeeze box, will travel"  - Office job is killing me!

Matt (Kings Norton)

• Respected Sage
  • West Midlands, UK
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2013, 08:43:06 AM »

My first Tune of the Month posting.  OK it's the wrong month of the wrong year and even the wrong tune, but still.  You've heard the excuses about nerves before.  Played on a La Vera BCCsharp, which is gold and glittery and has a picture of a shooting star on the front, how cool is that.  Many thanks to one melnet member who recommended I should get a push-pull box that meant I could play along with session tunes in D and G; many thanks to another melnet member for selling me this and some encouragement and tips.

http://soundcloud.com/i-k-3/mrs-marie-anne-r-bccsharp

PS just realised that somehow I have gone away and learnt the third bar with the wrong melody, making it both a worse tune and harder to play.  Oh well, for now it is what it is.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 07:10:56 AM by matt vrs »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal