Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Liliput Hohner refurbishing - layout of reed banks question  (Read 2449 times)

suesqueezer

• Piana accordion player now attempting all buttons!

Hi there guys,

I recently acquired a old Purple Hohner Liliput that needs some attention. I am not familiar with the Club system layouts and this accordion has had some weird thing done on reeds - now I thought maybe someone put the reed banks in backwards, but I think the reeds have been mixed up and remounted incorrectly on the individual reed banks. (notes totally dissonant on nearly 2/3 of buttons) Anyways, could someone direct me on how the originally set club tuning layout sequence on a C/F (this instrument is that for sure) Liliput should be arranged on each of the two reed banks (the helper row I am really lost on) I went to Jax D.'s site to try and suss out info on club boxes and very good info there, once I get this thing back to playable state. Thanks, all info greatly appreciated...

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: A Liliput Hohner refurbishing - layout of reed banks question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 08:19:48 AM »

Hi Sue

Its probably mixed up because there are 3 rows of buttons, but only 2 reedblocks.  Take off the treble grill and you will see which buttons operate which positions.  The note layout of the 30 button C/F club on our website shows the same layout as the liliput, but ignore the first two and the last one buttons on the helper row, and the first button on each main row. 

From those two sets of information you can make a chart showing the positions of the reeds on each reedblock.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

suesqueezer

• Piana accordion player now attempting all buttons!
Re: A Liliput Hohner refurbishing - layout of reed banks question
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 04:39:19 AM »

thanks Theo for the help -I will try and decipher the reeds to that layout.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal