Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Links not opening in Internet Explorer 8 / Windows 7  (Read 2462 times)

Alan Morley

• Alan Morley
    • UK Folk Music
Links not opening in Internet Explorer 8 / Windows 7
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:14:58 AM »

Has anyone else got the problem of Links to webpages from m.net not doing anything in IE8 ?

The links on other sites seem ok - just the ones in melodeon.net die...

When I use Firefox everything is lovely and as it should be...
I see there have been a couple of other posts on the same subject - but the only solution seems to be copy and paste the URL in a new tab.
It appears to be IE8 that blocks the links - but there is no cure listed anywhere on the web, I cant find one anyway.!

Any hints or tips from anyone that had the same problem and cured it..?

thanks

Almo
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:22:19 AM by Almo2504 »
ISIS Melodeon, Hohner Erica,  Fender Strat Plus, Takamine, Hofner Violin Bass, Hohner CX12 Harmonica, etc.... Website: https://folk-music.uk

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
Re: Links not opening in Internet Explorer 8 / Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:44:21 AM »

Works fine for me, although personally I usually use and recommend Firefox and/or Chrome.

I think you're probably being stopped by IE's Internet Security Properties - that Internet/Local intranet/Trusted sites/Restricted sites thing at the bottom of each window. I'd bet that melodeon.net is in a different security group to the site you're trying to jump to, and you have a security setting set - 'websites set in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone' perhaps that prevents jumping between security groups.

Or it could simply be the pop-up blocker, since external sites normally appear in new windows.

Cheers,

Clive
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal