Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do left handed people have better bass technique?  (Read 3154 times)

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
Re: Do left handed people have better bass technique?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 07:47:11 PM »

blimey Chris, lots to think about there!
Yep, Andy's not bad I have to agree. Maybe being *slightly* left handed opens up an interesting advantage.
i.e. If you favour the left  but not totally a Lefty, it seems to be logical that you can be quite original, co-ordinated and strong with basses, as opposed to flapping your fingers round a bit, that a strong Righty might do.
( I think I might have just offended a *whole* lot of people here......  >:E )
But as said, a strong lefty is presumably an upside down Righty.....errr if you see what I mean! so in the extreme could have wonderful basses and rubbish right hand melody. I can see that after my McCann efforts.
Phew getting a bit intense here  :Ph

Mike: I suppose my thoughts fro a left handed box was along the lines of a left handed guitar - built properly for a left handed person not one just turned the other way up, left handed keyboard, lower notes under the chin etc. so a mirror of a normal box, as opposed to a normal one turned upside down.
My friend let me twiddle on a G/D Oakwood the other week. He bought it as a properly made left handed box, and got them to change it back to a normal right handed one for him.
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal