Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paolo Soprani Folk II  (Read 1841 times)

bonenfant

• Good talker
Paolo Soprani Folk II
« on: February 09, 2011, 02:52:50 AM »

Hi guys
Is it just me or the Paolo Soprani is an accordion for men? I don't know but it's so hard to play. I like the sound so much but compared to the Hohner, it's just taking my left shoulder apart. This one doesn't leak at all so well it's hard for me. I might try to resell it even if the sound is awesome.

george garside

Re: Paolo Soprani Folk II
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 01:37:47 PM »

You don't say whethert the pulling apart of the left shoulder is the result of the weight of the  bass end with wide open bellows or the result of a strap digging into the shoulder. If its the former there should be no need for wide bellows opening (i.e. keep bnellows between ,say, 2 & 10 " most of time  & closer if possible so as to eliminate having to shove the bass end uphill. Alsos play with top of bellows more open than botton. The larger bellos of the Paulo  will pump much more air than the hohner for a given movement.

If its a strap problem  try  a pair of padded 3" straps to spread the weight.

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".    Available on ebay as a 'buy now' item. Put in melodeon tutor book for full info.  Melodeon DG & BC and piano accordion tuition

tedrick

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 03:55:01 PM »

I used mine with 2 straps - the neotech worked nicely with my Elite I - they're light and don't slip off -
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:47:14 PM by Reeds Munson »

bonenfant

• Good talker
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 04:36:11 PM »

I'm playing with one shoulder strap. I'm new to the accordion and I taught I could get as good as on the fiddle in one winter it seems.
So I'm pulling as hell on the bass side. I found something interresting last night though: trying to play quietely, if more volume is needed, play with a mike.
That is good. The trick george garside is talking about, when he says to play with the bellows more opened on top is good.
To tell the truth the reason is me. I see boys and women on Youtube playing the Paolo Soprani and they don't seem to have shoulder prolems.
Cheers guys and the best to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal