Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Funny Things Happen on Gigs....  (Read 8962 times)

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
Re: Funny Things Happen on Gigs....
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »

I've just been booked to play for customers of a motorhome dealer, playing in the showroom!  I'm sure there must be some appropriate tunes and dances, but I haven't thought of any yet.
idea for a new thread then, motorhome and camping themed tunes?

Probably too intense  ;)
Don't worry Lester, I got it.   ;D ;D
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band

Alan Morley

• Alan Morley
    • UK Folk Music
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 04:10:34 PM »

I've just been booked to play for customers of a motorhome dealer, playing in the showroom!  I'm sure there must be some appropriate tunes and dances, but I haven't thought of any yet.

Thirty Foot Trailer, Far From Home, Rollin' Home (John Tams), Wheels Cha Cha
ISIS Melodeon, Hohner Erica,  Fender Strat Plus, Takamine, Hofner Violin Bass, Hohner CX12 Harmonica, etc.... Website: https://folk-music.uk

paulq

• Good talker
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 04:26:49 PM »

I've just been booked to play for customers of a motorhome dealer, playing in the showroom!  I'm sure there must be some appropriate tunes and dances, but I haven't thought of any yet.

Jockey wheel to the fair. (if they sell caravans too)

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2011, 04:28:59 PM »

I've just been booked to play for customers of a motorhome dealer, playing in the showroom!  I'm sure there must be some appropriate tunes and dances, but I haven't thought of any yet.

Jockey wheel to the fair. (if they sell caravans too)
Down the Road?

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »

Nearest I can think of Theo is this one of Walters - probably from an old broadside  ;)

For authenticity must be played/sung with a real twinkle in the eyes, much as he treasured his repertoir, some of them were a bit on the doleful side and he progressively lit up with the humourous, cheeky, rude or downright filthy songs we were sometimes treated to as 'a bit of nonsense'

X:1
T:Your Elegant Motor Car
S:Walter Pardon.
M:3/4
L:1/4
K:D
d3|c3|B G B|A3|
w:Oh Joe, do let me go,
F E D|D F A|B2 E|E3|
w:ri-ding a-way in your mo-tor car.
F F F|F E D|c2 c|c3|
w:Peo-ple will say you're pe-cu-li-ar,
B2 B|B2 c|B2 A|A3|
w:so you are and sing-u-lar.
d3|c3|B G B|A3|
w:Oh Joe, do let me go;
F E D|F2 A|B3-|B2 c|
w:I'll be your gui-ding star; there's
d2 B|A3|d2 B|A B c|
w:room for two, me and you in your
d A F|E2 F|D3-|D3||
w:e-le-gant mo-tor car.
W:O Joe, do let me go,
W:In your elegant motor car.
W:People will say you're peculiar,
W:So you are and singular.
W:Oh Joe, do let me go;
W:I'll be your guiding star;
W:There's room for two,
W:Me and you in your elegant motor car.
W:
Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

Gary

• Respected Sage
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »

Priceless stories, keep them coming, couldnt make this stuff up.

Alan Morley

• Alan Morley
    • UK Folk Music
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2011, 02:49:53 PM »

We seemed to wander off topic a bit....

I have loads of stories from when I played guitar in pub bands.....

Problem Drummers
We got to a gig, and the stage had a curtain at the back of it - and our drummer set up immediately in front of it.
We started playing, and the drumming suddenly stopped......he'd assumed there was a wall behind the curtain - leaned back onto it - and fell off the stage - no wall.....

Wardrobe Malfunction

In another band - we had a drummer that went on to play for Brian Poole and The Electrics.....but we had an episode with him one night..

We had a lady singer who used to wear long, sparkly dresses, with a low cut necklines. She'd get out into the audience, sit on guys laps and sing to them etc....

During one song - she tuned her back on the audience facing the drummer as she jumped up and down clapping her hands above her head....

The drumming suddenly was all over the place, and I didn't know what the heck he was doing...so when we finished the set, I asked him what had happened.

Apparently when our lady vocalist was jumping up and down facing the drummer - both boobs popped out..... ::)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:33:54 PM by Almo2504 »
ISIS Melodeon, Hohner Erica,  Fender Strat Plus, Takamine, Hofner Violin Bass, Hohner CX12 Harmonica, etc.... Website: https://folk-music.uk

strad

• Respected Sage
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »

The band I play with were staying at a very nice hotel on the west coast of Norway just south of Bergen and having finished our meal we found the piano and gathered round for a tune as you would. About half an hour after we started the skies darkened and Thor started playing his Bodhran. It was the start of a five(!) hour thunderstorm. The lights went out, the hotel staff found candles and we had a fantastic session. But like a lot of bodhran players I have come across Thor wasn't always in time with the music.

Nigel

paulq

• Good talker
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 01:20:36 PM »

We seemed to wander off topic a bit....

I have loads of stories from when I played guitar in pub bands.....

Problem Drummers
We got to a gig, and the stage had a curtain at the back of it - and our drummer set up immediately in front of it.
We started playing, and the drumming suddenly stopped......he'd assumed there was a wall behind the curtain - leaned back onto it - and fell off the stage - no wall.....

Wardrobe Malfunction

In another band - we had a drummer that went on to play for Brian Poole and The Electrics.....but we had an episode with him one night..

We had a lady singer who used to wear long, sparkly dresses, with a low cut necklines. She'd get out into the audience, sit on guys laps and sing to them etc....

During one song - she tuned her back on the audience facing the drummer as she jumped up and down clapping her hands above her head....

The drumming suddenly was all over the place, and I didn't know what the heck he was doing...so when we finished the set, I asked him what had happened.

Apparently when out lady vocalist was jumping up and down facing the drummer - both boobs popped out..... ::)

Fantastic. I remember something similar happening to me involving a vocaliste dressed as Dolly Parton singing Islands in the Stream.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal