Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most original way to explain latest MAD acquisition  (Read 5530 times)

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
Re: Most original way to explain latest MAD acquisition
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 11:54:04 PM »

Q: "Why do you need another melodeon - you've already got one!"

A: "Yes dear."
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 02:09:42 PM »

DTN,

I'm sure Maggie just plays them when you're away!  So what key is the latest Loffet?

Rob2

zippydw

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 06:18:47 PM »

When herself tries the guilt response when I discuss another/new instrument, it usually involves her not having acquired odd lot thing...I usually tell her 'the kids are gone, go buy it'.

She has never taken me up on that. But I usually end up being stared out of the new purchase. :(

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 10:07:15 PM »

I just got away with buying a new set of fiddle strings for £91+ !!   :o  ;D How many sets can I get away with to disguise buying a melodeon?  :||:
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Flanna

• Prêtresse
  • Regular debater
  • Groupe electro folk aux sorcières "Flanna O'Tara"
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »

My latest musical acquisition will arrive soon. A new French custom made melodeon..
As it will be rather expensive... I need to think up way to explain this dent in the budget to my partner...

I'm wondering now if rather than explaining the cost, it might be better to think up a convincing reason why "we" need a new melodeon. Perhaps if it's something that "we" need then the cost won't really be so important  :-\
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:25:07 PM by Flanna »
Yvus Pyrénées D/G ~ Wheatstone English Concertina ~ S-Wave Midi Concertina ~ Roland FR3B ~ Axis 64 ~ Roland Synthesizers

Alison Scott

• Mods and volunteers
  • Respected Sage
  • Oakwood, Dino Baffetti, Roma, Liliput, Streb etc.
    • Macadamia
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 02:57:35 PM »

I seem to get away with "Sorry love, I have accidentally bought another melodeon".  ::)

This is the one I use too, rapidly followed up by 'of course, I'll sell melodeon x just as soon as you make that minor repair you've been talking about doing for 18 months'. I'll be stuffed if he ever gets round to it.

Alan Morley

• Alan Morley
    • UK Folk Music
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 04:19:15 PM »

The solution I employed was to get my missus playing melodeon too.....good job cos I might have another two on the way...(melodeons - not missus' )

Almo
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 04:21:35 PM by Almo2504 »
ISIS Melodeon, Hohner Erica,  Fender Strat Plus, Takamine, Hofner Violin Bass, Hohner CX12 Harmonica, etc.... Website: https://folk-music.uk

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 05:52:10 PM »

The solution I employed was to get my missus playing melodeon too.....good job cos I might have another two on the way...(melodeons - not missus' )

Almo

How come you have the girly melodeon and you lovely wife a proper melodeon.  >:E

Alan Morley

• Alan Morley
    • UK Folk Music
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 06:41:31 PM »

Almo

How come you have the girly melodeon and you lovely wife a proper melodeon.  >:E

I had the choice between Lilly and Erica, I had been squeezing Erica for a long while and fancied a new squeeze. Like most men as well - I explained to the wife that size isn't important.

However Lilly went off with Tommy never to be seen again but I still have Erica and Christine to squeeze.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:01:53 PM by Almo2504 »
ISIS Melodeon, Hohner Erica,  Fender Strat Plus, Takamine, Hofner Violin Bass, Hohner CX12 Harmonica, etc.... Website: https://folk-music.uk

**DTN**

• Derek The Nutter
  • Respected Sage
  • Derek The Nutter
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 10:14:46 PM »

DTN,

I'm sure Maggie just plays them when you're away!  So what key is the latest Loffet?

Rob2

AD
All the gear and no idea! .... DTN   "Hampshire UK"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal