Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ebay Australia  (Read 3163 times)

Alan Morley

• Alan Morley
    • UK Folk Music
ebay Australia
« on: February 21, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »

With knowing Hector Awol, our Australian colleague on melodeon.net - I wondered what choice of melodeons they had down under....

Anyway - after falling about laughing at 'ebay.co.au - g'day log in' I did a search for 'melodeon' and they don't have any.....they have loads of books telling you how to play them though.. :D

I must ask Hector how he got his....

A quick note - I love Hector's melodeon version of the 'Shaun The Sheep' theme tune on YouTube...just seemed appropriate for some reason....
http://www.youtube.com/user/HectorAwol#p/a/u/1/_wzGEAqlJGo

Type in 'shearing' on ebay Australia however - and there are 214 results to wade through................. ;D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:04:46 PM by Almo2504 »
ISIS Melodeon, Hohner Erica,  Fender Strat Plus, Takamine, Hofner Violin Bass, Hohner CX12 Harmonica, etc.... Website: https://folk-music.uk

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
Re: ebay Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:20:45 PM »

Anyway - after falling about laughing at 'ebay.co.au - g'day log in' I did a search for 'melodeon' and they don't have any.....they have loads of books telling you how to play them though.. :D
'Accordion' gets a mixed bag of PA and Melodeons and of course, accordion pleated skirts.  ;D
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band

Flanna

• Prêtresse
  • Regular debater
  • Groupe electro folk aux sorcières "Flanna O'Tara"
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 06:35:10 AM »

So it would seem that Australians are more interested in sheep than they are in melodeons. This comes as no surprise. Even Dame Edna Everage told jokes about sheep but never about melodeons. :-\
Yvus Pyrénées D/G ~ Wheatstone English Concertina ~ S-Wave Midi Concertina ~ Roland FR3B ~ Axis 64 ~ Roland Synthesizers

Christopher K.

• Content Manager
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:41:45 AM »

'Accordion' gets a mixed bag of PA and Melodeons and of course, accordion pleated skirts.  ;D

This phenomenon is not limited to Australia, of course. When I do a search for "Koch" on ebay.com, it returns hundreds of listings for handgun magazines and erotic statues.   :-\

Banjo Ray

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 08:31:57 AM »

There are lots of Irish chromatic button accordion players around in Oz but not many diatonic players AFAIK.  Melodeons crop up on ebay au now and again but they tend to be Hohner pokerworks or ericas and pretty pricey.

Ray

smiley

• Folk music: it's not as bad as it sounds
    • a few sound clips
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 09:52:11 AM »

There are lots of melodeon players scattered around Oz. You'll recognise us by the secret insignia we always wear on our lapel  ;)

Tonight's session in Waitara (in Sydney) always has 2 guys playing 3-row boxes - and me too if I get off my arse.

old geezer

• Regular debater
  • Hohner Melodeon
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 11:02:07 AM »

So it would seem that Australians are more interested in sheep than they are in melodeons.
nqr

it's the NZs who love 'em...

Frances Folk Gathering is on this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, all very welcome

;) lets try to better the 4 1/2 hour session record

those who play melodeons and button accordions are invited to join their peers   :||:   :|glug   :|||:
Jack Murphy    beyond the black stump

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 11:14:19 AM »

lol!

A quick note - I love Hector's melodeon version of the 'Shaun The Sheep' theme tune on YouTube...just seemed appropriate for some reason....
I may have challenged him to record that after reading his post about how much he enjoyed the show. ;)

Alan Morley

• Alan Morley
    • UK Folk Music
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »

lol!

I may have challenged him to record that after reading his post about how much he enjoyed the show. ;)

Your turn to do 'Eastenders' then .... ::)
ISIS Melodeon, Hohner Erica,  Fender Strat Plus, Takamine, Hofner Violin Bass, Hohner CX12 Harmonica, etc.... Website: https://folk-music.uk

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »

lol!

Your turn to do 'Eastenders' then .... ::)
I don't watch Eastenders. But I have had a bash at the theme tune before in a fit of boredom.

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 02:35:30 PM »

Methinks the Lady showeth good taste.  ;D
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal