Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BBC Virtual Sessions  (Read 3914 times)

petefoth

BBC Virtual Sessions
« on: June 26, 2008, 06:34:53 PM »

I've just stumbled over the BBC Radio 2 'Virtual Session' site at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/r2music/folk/sessions/ Looks to be useful, if I can only slow some of the tunes down!

Regards

Pete
Drink Coffee: Do Stupid Things Faster with More Energy!

Sandy

• 'Musical Landlady'
Re: BBC Virtual Sessions
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 06:55:29 PM »

hi, i sometimes record tune on to AUDACITY software (free download) where you can change tempo without changing the pitch or vice versa. It's so handy.
 :)

petefoth

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 06:59:21 PM »

Thanks for the tip. I used Audacity when I only had a C/F box to convert some tunes from the D/G Tutor book/CD. It's a great tool.
Drink Coffee: Do Stupid Things Faster with More Energy!

folkypete

• Good talker
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 08:07:47 AM »

Hi - I've installed Audacity after reading this thread - but I cannot sem to find how to activate the Effects menu.  I've read the manual but I cannot seem to find the Audio "bit" I need to activate, in order to activate the effects menu.  As a relatively new player it would be great to be able to slow tracks down.  Hoping you can help.

Thanks Peter

Bill the Farmer

• Not quite so
  • Respected Sage
  • Hohner Club, Liliput...
    • Bill Farmer
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 10:02:44 AM »

There's also BestPractice, which will change the speed, or the pitch. Also it's free.
Bill of Old Shoreham Town

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 02:21:57 PM »

Hi - I've installed Audacity after reading this thread - but I cannot sem to find how to activate the Effects menu.  I've read the manual but I cannot seem to find the Audio "bit" I need to activate, in order to activate the effects menu.  As a relatively new player it would be great to be able to slow tracks down.  Hoping you can help.

Thanks Peter
To activate the Effects menu, you need to Select all or part of the tune that you want to apply the Effect to. To slow down a tune, you'd Select the whole track (Edit-Select-All). The Effects menu is then available, and you can chose Change Tempo and specify a percentage change, e.g. -10%

folkypete

• Good talker
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 09:58:14 AM »

Hello again - thanks to the previous poster I've now sorted the problem.  Al;so thanks to everyone for their advice and help.  Have installed the other programme too.  Now I'm off to learn and practice The Old Lady With a Broom morris tune.  Cheers all - Peter (Coggins) xxx

Delboy

• Saltarelle, Dino Baffetti, Streb, Hohner
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 08:10:11 PM »

There's also BestPractice, which will change the speed, or the pitch. Also it's free.
[/i]

Thats great if you run a Windows PC. I have a Mac laptop, does anyone have suggestions of available free software for that?

Bill the Farmer

• Not quite so
  • Respected Sage
  • Hohner Club, Liliput...
    • Bill Farmer
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 08:22:17 PM »

Thats great if you run a Windows PC. I have a Mac laptop, does anyone have suggestions of available free software for that?
Amazing Slow Downer is available for mac, but it isn't free. Audacity is, but it doesn't do it as it plays, like BestPractice.
Bill of Old Shoreham Town
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal