Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: harmonica  (Read 11026 times)

HallelujahAl

Re: harmonica
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 06:09:39 PM »

My new Hohner Highlander arrived this morning and very nice it is too! I'm not really very used to playing tremolo and it does demand a slightly different technique, but I love the sound it makes! Just played the 'Heights of Dargai' on it - and it even makes me sound ok!
 ;D

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 11:52:31 PM »

I should have negotiated a commission! The company must be wondering what's going on.  ;D

Kautilya

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 01:49:16 AM »

I should have negotiated a commission! The company must be wondering what's going on.  ;D
here's another commission source  - you take the cut on the A side and I'll take it on the D side

Maybe the seven dwarves are hammering away 24/7  under Queensbury hilltop and in the old Chorley munitions factory

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hohner-Highlander-Scottish-Celtic-Bagpipe-Harmonica-NEW-/290545014709?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Harmonicas_RL&hash=item43a5d517b5

HallelujahAl

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 07:48:14 AM »

Well at that price they were obviously priced 'to sell' - so they shouldn't be too surprised by the demand. I should still think that they're making something out of it.
AL

Alan Morley

• Alan Morley
    • UK Folk Music
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 08:17:39 AM »

It would be no use to me for playing along with my piping collegue - his pipes are tuned to Bbb - a flat B flat....I usually play bodhran from some distance away..
ISIS Melodeon, Hohner Erica,  Fender Strat Plus, Takamine, Hofner Violin Bass, Hohner CX12 Harmonica, etc.... Website: https://folk-music.uk

HallelujahAl

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 09:02:54 AM »

Yes, but great for sessions where ADG dominates!
 ;)

george garside

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 12:58:35 PM »

postmans just delivered mine - after a few quick tunes  I can strongly recommend it particularly at the price

george ;D
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

HallelujahAl

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 02:49:28 PM »

Do you think that HAD is related to MAD?
 ;D

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »

Do you think that HAD is related to MAD?
 ;D

I have a large plastic bag full awaiting repair/retuning that miay answer that question...
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 07:00:58 PM »

Such buying fever.   :o

I really don't want one but feel somehow compelled to join the throng.

>:E  Oi you, get thee behind me.
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band

Kautilya

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 10:19:18 PM »

Such buying fever.   :o

I really don't want one but feel somehow compelled to join the throng.

>:E  Oi you, get thee behind me.
I did not know it was compulsory to have a thong when you buy/play the harmonica - not too sure now....... :|bl :|bl >:E >:E

oggiesnr

• Dino BPII, Alfred Arnold Bandoneon, Loffet G/C
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »

For all aspiring harmonica players - Start here and follow the series

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DancingCatProduction#p/u/11/jcSLudnKFPA

Steve

HallelujahAl

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 06:42:37 AM »

A fantastic series of tutorials - so measured and conversational and yet so informative. I followed the series the other year when I started getting into the harmonica a little more seriously.
AL

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »

The price IS om its way up! Now at £32+ Vide http://www.harmonicas-direct.com/harmonicas/special-offers/hohner-highlander-tremolo We may need to get in quickly!  :Ph
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

george garside

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 12:20:39 AM »

The price IS om its way up! Now at £32+ Vide http://www.harmonicas-direct.com/harmonicas/special-offers/hohner-highlander-tremolo We may need to get in quickly!  :Ph

now I have had mine for a few days I can confirm that it is an absolute pleasure to play so if anyone is dithering get in now as the normal echo 80 (& Highlander) price is £80 +

george

WestOz

• Regular debater
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 07:23:41 AM »

I just ordered Highlander, and was charged 27 pounds, plus 5 pounds international mail. Great deal!
Castagnari Dony, DB Oakwood, Hohner Pressedwood,Liliput,Preciosa,Octoput,etc.

Kautilya

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »

Quote from: george garside link=topic=6408.msg80939#msg80939 get in now as the normal echo 80 (& Highlander) price is £80 +

george
[/quote
A double-sided tremolo harmonica designed for playing Highland bagpipe tunes.

For a limited period we are offering this wonderful harmonica at HALF PRICE-IT was £64.95 but whilst this stock lasts we are asking only £32.47.
That is exactly half the normal price.

Whatever the RRP - all around the same price -- 6 left here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hohner-Highlander-Scottish-Celtic-Bagpipe-Harmonica-NEW-/290545014709?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Harmonicas_RL&hash=item43a5d517b5

george garside

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 10:15:31 AM »

have now had my hohner highlander mouthie for a couple of months and am delighted with it. It is the sort of insttrument that  you pick up for a ten minute play and are still playing half an hour later - or more!

I also had the pleasure of doing a duet of Athol Highlanders with Kautilya (2 hohner highlanders) at Bull Bay festival at Easter.  If there are any still availble at £32 ish they are worth grabbing.
How are others that bought them getting on?

george (happy but positvely puffed!) :D

HallelujahAl

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 11:56:40 AM »

Yes, mine's a delight, though some of the notes at the squeaky end could be better gapped to increase response. But was able to buyt it for less than £30 - so very happy indeed! Will we have the pleasure of your company at the Button Box & Moothies event in Aberdeen this year George? It'd be great to meet up with you again!
AL

HallelujahAl

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2011, 07:29:38 PM »

By the way - I wanted to take my 'Highlander' out with me today - but didn't fancy taking it out in it's fancy presentation box that it came in...so I looked around the house and found the solution...an old glasses pocket...fits and works a treat!
 ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal