Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Needing repaires  (Read 3046 times)

bear

Needing repaires
« on: July 03, 2008, 02:40:59 PM »

Hello everybody ya got the bear here. I have a button box that is in need of some repaires. Does anyone know anybody who can help me that is close to Bay City Michigan? Or how I can find someone in my area.

Since I'm not getting any answers I'm assuming there is no shops around Bay City, MI.  I have called all the music stores and thier response was something like "a diatonic button accordion? Whats that?"

So let me add a few more cities thats not to far away. Saginaw, Midland, Fliint, and possibly Lansing.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 08:05:20 AM by bear »
Music is releasing ones soul from within.

BruceHenderson

• Respected Sage
Re: Needing repaires
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »

(snip) So let me add a few more cities thats not to far away. Saginaw, Midland, Fliint, and possibly Lansing. 

__.  I would be very surprised if UPS isn't in your future.  I had a two-row retuned last autumn and I ended up sending it to England.  It's very unlikely that anyone really experienced is within 500 miles of you.  Having said that, I needed some emergency repair work done and went to a p$*&o accordion repairer in Washington DC (I was visiting there at the time).  He said he'd take a look and if he felt that he was unsure, he'd tell me and then he'd quit before he made a mistake.  As it turned out, the problem was a couple of loose "leathers" (just like on instruments he's used to) and he got the problem fixed in half an hour.

__.  So, ask locally.  You might get lucky.  Or you might have to go out of town.
I love one-rows!  Four reeds kick butt!!!!

bear

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 03:08:04 PM »

So, ask locally.  You might get lucky.  Or you might have to go out of town.

I've done the asking part, and like you I'm afraid that UPS is in my future. I'm hoping, no praying not. BUT...........

RoyFromGeorgia

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »

Try Michael at Irish Dancemaster in Florida.  He built my instrument, and I am sure that he can fix yours.  http://www.irishdancemaster.com

TM

bear

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 06:01:26 PM »

I got his name off one of the other threads yesterday and already sent him an email.
Thank you anyway my friend for trying to help. I have a accordion and two concertinas for him to work on.

BruceHenderson

• Respected Sage
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 06:03:23 PM »

Try Michael at Irish Dancemaster in Florida.  He built my instrument, and I am sure that he can fix yours.  http://www.irishdancemaster.com 

Yeah, just drive over to Florida from Bay City on your lunch hour and drop your box off, bear. 
I love one-rows!  Four reeds kick butt!!!!

bear

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 07:00:48 PM »

Wish I could. Got me some friends that live down there with all those bugs.........LOL
But me thinks bear is going to let FedX take them down there just the same.

Just now got an answer from Mr. Michael telling me he will work on my accordion and a couple of concertinas I got.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal