Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graeme Mackays Buttonbox session  (Read 1982 times)

alexhouston

• New Starter
Graeme Mackays Buttonbox session
« on: April 03, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »

Hi folks -just word to say I'm just home from Graeme Mackay and his Grandfather Jim Bottonbox workshop
at the Duke of Gordon Hotel in Kingussie.
The hotel was absolutely an ideal choice for our requirements , the food and service were first class and the rooms were all spacious and clean.
This is the second time I have attended these workshops and as a beginner ( 10 months )
 I have picked up a lot of great tips for the future. ( Chords , fingering and advice on bass notes etc )
Not only were the lessons during the day enjoyable the after dinner playing sessions in the lounge at night
with Graeme and Jim playing along with the group till the wee hours was a great experience and  something I wont forget.
Thanks from all of us that attended for taking the time to do the workshop and put my name down for September !!

Cheers Alex
Alex

HallelujahAl

Re: Graeme Mackays Buttonbox session
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:06:48 PM »

Hopefully will be able to make it over in September!
 ;D

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:14:56 AM »

One day, when I have a salary I'd like to go to one of these workshops, assuming that they are still running :(
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

Gary

• Respected Sage
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:50:48 PM »

I wonder if I could infiltrate the pokerwork DG into the session in September for a few tunes !

HallelujahAl

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 07:04:51 PM »

I wonder if I could infiltrate the pokerwork DG into the session in September for a few tunes !
Shouldn't be much of a problem - and I'll have my D/G there as well.
AL

graememackay

• Graeme Mackay
  • B/C/C# Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze
    • Graeme's homepage
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 02:03:38 PM »

Hey, managed a wee minute of cheeky melnet viewing between jobs.  Next workshop has been confirmed as the weekend of 9th September.  full details will follow but let me know if you want to book your place. 

We had a great weekend too.  Numbers were lower than normal but was very enjoyable.  Nice people, great chat and cracking tunes.
Black Shand Morino
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal