Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it Blasphemy...  (Read 13832 times)

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
Re: Is it Blasphemy...
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 01:08:15 PM »

Good translation, Steve, thank you. I have to say though, that I think this forum will remain a pleasant place for longer if we don't resort to being patronizing - to the point of being insulting in this case.

Andy in Vermont

• Mélodie
    • Melodeon Minutes (blog)
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 05:32:35 PM »

Amen, Steve.  I also don't think that the original post in question was hard to understand due to differences between English English and North American English, but rather, it was obscure for other reasons!  I agree with Jeff that it was difficult to understand.

As far as the original topic goes: I think that the addition of shoulder strap brackets, if done properly, will add various varieties of value (now known as VVV in International Melodeon English) to the Pokerwork.

-Andy

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 10:51:38 PM »

OK now that's enough! 

<waving big stick>
Its very bad etiquette to use this forum to name and criticise members of other forums.  Please don't.  Offending posts deleted.
</waving big stick>

I think this topic has fully answered the original questions.   Please don't post any more unless you have something positive to contribute.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Jamie Robertson

• Good talker
  • C/F Pokerwork, A/D Venezia, B/C Double Ray DeLuxe,
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 04:00:30 AM »

Hey everybody:

The straps are on.  The personal value of the instrument has gone up astronomically--or a whole lot.  My original concern was born of ignorance.  I knew my pokerwork is mass produced, but I didn't know what sort of things one can get away with when it comes to modifying one.  Those who responded were most gracious in their responses.  The job is done.  It solved all sorts of difficulties.  My right hand is much happier.

Thanks again for your help.

Now as to the message which has created the fracas:

I'm a fiddler, and I also have played in Rock and Roll bands.  A few years ago, I was playing regularly in smoky Montana bars, and the drunken dancers often bumped into the band--no stage.  At that point, I bought a relatively inexpensive electric fiddle, because I knew that if a drunk smashed that fiddle, it would cost me some money, but if one smashed one of my fine, beloved acoustic fiddles, it would break my heart.  I didn't have a fiddle that had cost me as much as the electric, but each had a personality, and I was attached to them on a level that goes beyond owner/object.  I think what Michael was saying is about the real, not the monetary worth of instruments.  It isn't cash, but it isn't just nostalgia, either.  It's beyond all that.  And if the preceding isn't gibberish, I'll eat my hat.

Thanks again for your help concerning the brackets and straps.
Music is the Best.  Frank Zappa.

melodeon

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 05:07:11 PM »

Theo

It may not have been obvious but I was praising rather than denegrating  concertina.net

Sorry if that was misunderstood.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal