Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: name of your box?  (Read 21338 times)

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
Re: name of your box?
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2011, 11:20:50 PM »

Strangely enough the spellchecker here has exactly the same problem.  :o
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Sandra

« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2011, 02:50:45 PM »

My first box, a Cairdin mini de luxe, was called "the baby", because he was rather small.
And also because a friend of mine and I had the "deal" that we would not have children (me and my husband and he and his girlfriend...), because we already had children: our instruments.

When we gave each other an instrument, we always sais "Mind/watch the head" (which people say when they give baby's to another person).
His instruments were called "daddy" (his large chromatic accordeon") "mum" (a smaller chromatic accordeon) and "the teenager" (his Serenellini diactionic box).

My Serennelini 3-row, was called "de ragbak", I don't know how to translate that...
The new owner still calls him de ragbak.

My VanderAa is called Captain Jack Sparrow and Guy (who will recieve it in january) will keep calling him the Captain :)

I don't know the name of the Gaillard I will recieve in 4/5 weeks. We need to get to know each other first :~)

Joseph

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »

Going to change the name of my accordion to Paddy. I bought this instrument off my local accordion tutor Paddy Clancy in Ballingarry County Limerick and his initials are on the front of it. Going to play Paddy now! Hope that doesn't sound too weird.

Strigulino

• The Night Owl
  • @strigulino on Twitter
    • Strig on YouTube
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2011, 04:27:19 PM »

I think my melodeon has finally acquired a name, after a very inspiring lady and something of a heroine of mine.  Beautiful, small, but possessed of a strong will and not easily cowed into submission.  It's also something of a pun on the fact that she is a Hohner Morgane, and has lovely deep basses.  She is now Princess Leia Morgana So Low.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Strig

"World-famous poker player. Give her a good poker and she'll play any tune you like." - The Goon Show
Pets:  Two cats, one husband, a D/G Hohner Morgane, a C/F Liliput, a dark and mysterious anglo concertina, a Streb, a Giordy...

PaulM

• Saltarelle Nuage Excelsior Mini
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »

Hi ..My Saltarelle Nuage is simply know as Darth ..because of the black box and red bellows :)

Strigulino

• The Night Owl
  • @strigulino on Twitter
    • Strig on YouTube
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2012, 04:31:05 PM »

I think my melodeon has finally acquired a name, after a very inspiring lady and something of a heroine of mine.  Beautiful, small, but possessed of a strong will and not easily cowed into submission.  It's also something of a pun on the fact that she is a Hohner Morgane, and has lovely deep basses.  She is now Princess Leia Morgana So Low.

Reporting back after more months of ownership, while she's still Leia in my head, she's now most often referred to in polite conversation as "The Instrument of Torture".
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Strig

"World-famous poker player. Give her a good poker and she'll play any tune you like." - The Goon Show
Pets:  Two cats, one husband, a D/G Hohner Morgane, a C/F Liliput, a dark and mysterious anglo concertina, a Streb, a Giordy...

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2012, 04:50:18 PM »

My Saltarelle is called either The Saltarelle or the D/G: My Hohners are called The C/F, The Bb/Eb, The C 1-row,etc, etc.......not very imaginative, I'm afraid!
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

Adam-T

• Hohner Club-Too
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »

I nicknamed the heavyweight Excelsior 940 "the Juggernaught" because the bugger weighed 13Kg but the rest already have names given to them from the factory (or common UK names) - Pokerwork, Atlantic, Corso, Student, Club3 etc.
Q: How do you cure MAD?
A: Take a Break from Mel-Net. (IF YOU CAN)

OldJack

• Good talker
    • Suisun Sailor
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2012, 03:11:25 AM »

My dock mates call it the g-d noise. But then, they drink weak stuff. My wife call it, my "what's it", but what does she know she married me. On the other hand, my little grandson calls it the "squeeze pull thing" and that makes it "all better." My dog, on the other hand thinks it's a howl. I think it just makes me feel better. Tough stuff, that. :|||:

diatosoldo

• Respected Sage
  • Castagnari Benny, Dino Baffetti 85LN
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/diatosoldo
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2012, 07:19:36 PM »

I call my new Baffetti "le diato qui fait trembler les murs" (i.e : walls breaker melodeon ?)
♫ ♪  I'm french ♫ ♪
G/C Castagnari Benny
A/D Dino Baffetti 85LN
A/D Thierry Bennetoux
http://www.youtube.com/user/diatosoldo

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2012, 06:09:22 PM »

Yeehoo!  8)  :||:
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Keithypete.

« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2012, 11:55:55 AM »

My two playable melodeon are (Beltuna) Sara, and because of a comment by Steve Jones, about how boxes used to be, the Hohner Primatona is now known as 'Big Red slushy juggernaut'! Which it is when surrounded by Lilies, Tommies & Saltarelle!!
Beltuna Sara II - B/C flavour.
Borsini - G,D,A.
Pokerwork B/C.
PRIMATONA IV, B/C.

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2012, 07:54:47 PM »

Just tripped into one of my Clubs with my gouty toe - you can guess what I called that one!

Rob.

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2012, 08:23:50 PM »

My Saltarelle Connemara III is known as "The Beast"!!! ;)
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C

Ellisteph

« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2012, 09:51:43 PM »

A very clever friend of  has a Club 3 Hohner he calls Juan Carlos. Juan Carlos Hohner.
Salterelle Connemara III, Loffet Pro C/F

oggiesnr

• Dino BPII, Alfred Arnold Bandoneon, Loffet G/C
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2012, 10:44:46 PM »

My Loffet  is called "Peter" after my dad as I bought it with money from his estate and I remember him each time I play it.  It's also appropriate as one of his great loves in life was France and the French language and music.

Steve

zippydw

« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »

Conn III- The "big box"
Gustozzi- "little box"

I guess I am not creative that way

Morrisbox

• Good talker
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »

My Saltarelle Connemara III is known as "The Beast"!!!

My Connemara III is called Bodmin, after the Beast of Bodmin!

zippydw

« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2012, 10:11:43 PM »

Something about those Conn III's ;D

They are truly substantial. I go back and forth between boxes when I practice, the Conn sounds great but is really heavy.

Matt (Kings Norton)

• Respected Sage
  • West Midlands, UK
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2012, 05:00:37 PM »

I came into work a bit tired this morning and my colleague from Ghana asked if I had been out playing my Snar Snar last night (which I had).  The Akan language includes some very nasal sounds.  I think this may be the perfect description for a wet tuned box.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal