Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: name of your box?  (Read 21339 times)

melod-ian

• Respected Sage
Re: name of your box?
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 09:57:22 PM »

new to the family.. this is Big Yella' ;D
3 x Acadian's (C,Bb,A),
Hohner corona iiir (GCF)
PS Black Pearl (DG)
and the old hohner erica (DG)

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 10:11:39 PM »

looks like it needs some york! what keys is it in? has it got strad bass

melod-ian

• Respected Sage
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 10:26:50 PM »

b/c/c# as per discussion here: http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/topic,6815.0.html

the photo makes out there are missing buttons.. but they're painted black for some reason
3 x Acadian's (C,Bb,A),
Hohner corona iiir (GCF)
PS Black Pearl (DG)
and the old hohner erica (DG)

theSmoiler

• Respected Sage
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 11:26:20 PM »

The Oakwood is 'Red', the 21+7 row old Hohner that I stripped the pearloid off and stained bright yellow with Colron wood dye is 'The Bee', and the 3-row Brandoni is 'Marlon'.....!

Diane

Sandy

• 'Musical Landlady'
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 11:40:46 PM »

Oh No !!  I will now need to consider names........but not sit up all night with the 'baby name' book again  :P

My cars and bikes have all had names so I'm feeling a bit guilty that the boxes remain nameless.....for now  ::)

cheers

Sandy
 (:)

Keithypete.

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 06:57:17 AM »

My Beltuna is a Sara so I suppose I would have to change her name via deed-pole.
   Years ago I called one of my cats Vilnius - it was hilarious. Years of amusement for me at least, although it would be fair to say the kids tired of the joke. All the cats have enjoyed sitting in the open case whilst I practice.
Beltuna Sara II - B/C flavour.
Borsini - G,D,A.
Pokerwork B/C.
PRIMATONA IV, B/C.

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 10:49:54 AM »

I must be very unimaginative. My Castagnari Benny is called....errm...."Benny" and my Junior Martin one-row is called....errm...."Junior."  ::)

I don't have a cat, but friends of mine had one called "Cooking Fat".  :o
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2011, 04:31:23 PM »

cooking fat? is that a spoonerism?  >:E

Tyker

• Respected Sage
  • Cheviot C#DG,Hohners D and G/C
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 04:33:34 PM »

I shall call mine Gan Ainm , Sans Nom and Innominata
Graeme - North Hampshire,UK

There is no noun that can't be verbed

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 05:13:25 PM »

Keithypete:
 ' All the cats have enjoyed sitting in the open case whilst I practice....'
Yes mine does that!
....then because I'm not paying him enough attention, he starts clawing at the beautiful gree lining so gets uncerimonially turfed out cos   >:(
Cats, ahh Bless 'em....
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2011, 07:41:52 PM »

cooking fat? is that a spoonerism?  >:E

Yep!
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 09:37:24 PM »

nice one !

Strigulino

• The Night Owl
  • @strigulino on Twitter
    • Strig on YouTube
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 01:12:32 PM »

Been linked to this thread.  Thought I'd better chip in.  The instrument in general I've been calling the pushmi-pullyu just because it pleases me.

My current melodeon is basically a melodeon app for my iPhone so I call it the iPhohner.

I'm hopefully getting a proper melodeon tomorrow (excited, hence lurking the forums!) and I'm thinking of calling him Marion after the cat in Mongrels. (or if female, Gytha after Nanny Ogg).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:30:40 PM by Strigulino »
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Strig

"World-famous poker player. Give her a good poker and she'll play any tune you like." - The Goon Show
Pets:  Two cats, one husband, a D/G Hohner Morgane, a C/F Liliput, a dark and mysterious anglo concertina, a Streb, a Giordy...

ramtops

• ramtops
    • badgerish ramblings
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »

I'm new to melodeons and to the forum - just got my box yesterday, and I think she's going to be Betsy.
mac jordan
absolute beginner :)
member of Rackaback Morris

Hello

• Regular debater
  • mmm
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 01:54:13 PM »

I'd have to call mine Ethel; because like the Ethel she's named after she's quite old with a creaky action, fading finish and isn't as airtight as she used to be.
Trying is the first step towards failing

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2011, 01:59:27 PM »

'Ethel' I do like that!  ;D

Sounds like Strigulino and ramstops are getting into the spirit here  - welcome to the madhouse, you both seem to be of like minds with those that inhabit this place! (:)
enjoy.
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Strigulino

• The Night Owl
  • @strigulino on Twitter
    • Strig on YouTube
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »

I think you have to have quite an eccentric bent to go "Guitar, bass, drums?  Keyboard perhaps?  Fiddle?  Saxophone?  Nope, it's the button accordion for me!"
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Strig

"World-famous poker player. Give her a good poker and she'll play any tune you like." - The Goon Show
Pets:  Two cats, one husband, a D/G Hohner Morgane, a C/F Liliput, a dark and mysterious anglo concertina, a Streb, a Giordy...

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 02:33:33 PM »

I think you have to have quite an eccentric bent to go "Guitar, bass, drums?  Keyboard perhaps?  Fiddle?  Saxophone?  Nope, it's the button accordion for me!"
Well...I kinda tried and failed all of the above. Gave up on ever playing music. Then went to see Bellowhead gig (Which I'd gone to after seeing this performance on TV by accident.). Saw Mr Spires playing and thought 'I want to get me one of those fantastic squeezy music boxes'. 'I can type. I can play computer games with buttons...how hard can it be?'
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:35:57 PM by ladydetemps »

Strigulino

• The Night Owl
  • @strigulino on Twitter
    • Strig on YouTube
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2011, 02:55:18 PM »

I had heard that recent recruits to the RAF are better than ever at hand/eye co-ordination because they're all used to computer games.  I wonder if the current generation are going to be great musicians for similar reasons.  According to something I saw on TV recently (might have been QI) teens are now more likely to point and ring doorbells with their thumbs because they are more used to using them for things than previous generations.   I can believe that. 

Although I have been a gamer kid since the days of the Atari game console so I sort of grew up with gaming.  The main problem any kids of ours are going to have with being allowed to play on the Playstation is not being allowed, but getting time on the thing when Mummy and Daddy aren't playing on it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Strig

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2011, 03:02:35 PM »

I had heard that recent recruits to the RAF are better than ever at hand/eye co-ordination because they're all used to computer games.  I wonder if the current generation are going to be great musicians for similar reasons.  According to something I saw on TV recently (might have been QI) teens are now more likely to point and ring doorbells with their thumbs because they are more used to using them for things than previous generations.   I can believe that.  

Although I have been a gamer kid since the days of the Atari game console so I sort of grew up with gaming.  The main problem any kids of ours are going to have with being allowed to play on the Playstation is not being allowed, but getting time on the thing when Mummy and Daddy aren't playing on it.
Had commadore 64, (bibble bobble bubble & rainbow) PS1 (MY games were pandemonium 1&2, used to rent games from blockbuster and try to complete them in a week. lol!), & PS2 (although the PS1 is now broke and my brother has taken the PS2 with him). Haven't played on a games console in ages. And I had to give up the sims /medieval total war/sim city coz I got a bit addicted.  :o Replaced it with learning an instrument. ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:04:33 PM by ladydetemps »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal