Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Case for Preciosa  (Read 4155 times)

IanD

• Too many melodeons...
Case for Preciosa
« on: July 17, 2008, 11:03:32 PM »

Has anyone found a suitably small carrying case for a Preciosa? I've looked at things like CD cases, vanity cases, small backpacks, small flight cases, camera bags, but I haven't found anything the right size (about 23x22x13cm internal) and giving reasonable protection.

I'd prefer a semi-soft case of some sort but a suitable hard case would be fine. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Ian

(message now moved to the correct forum)
Oakwood Model 4 D/G, Castagnari Dony D/G/#, Castagnari Tommy G/C, Baffetti Binci D/G, Hohner Preciosa D/G, Melos Bb/Eb, Lightwave SL5 and Kala California fretless basses

Nick Hudis

• Respected Sage
  • Loffet Pro 18, Castagnari Casta
    • Themassageman
Re: Case for Preciosa
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 11:20:25 PM »

I'm not sure sure how much smaller the Preciosa is than the Lilliput, but I got a gig bag for my Liliput from Eagle Music which fits it perfectly.  It was sold as a bag for a Castagnari Lilly.  I would guess if you added some extra foam lining it would be OK for the Preciosa.
Nick

EeeJay

• Old Grey Paolo
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 11:33:16 PM »

Yes, one of these...

Designed as a snug fit for a Lilly size box - so I think a Preciosa should fit OK.

I just bought one of their larger bags as a replacement for a worn out original Mally bag - the shoulder strap supports continue to the bottom of the bag to take the weight . Good design.

BTW I tried a "Chinese-mally-bag" for a while but this dropped to bits fairly rapidly (busted zips, frayed seams, etc.)... and the shoulder strap kept coming adrift under load... nearly ended up with a smashed box >:(. Wot a load of crap! ;D

Ed J

Malcolm Clapp

• Loving my Hohner-reeded wet MMM CastaTommy
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 12:12:48 PM »

My Preciosa lives in a leatherette case made for a set of lawn bowls.
Found it at a garage sale for $5, bowls included, though they were all badly cracked, so went to landfill.

Just ripped out (sorry, I mean carefully removed) the dividing strips inside and lined it with a bit of cloth-covered foam. Brilliant.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet been able to locate another similar one for my Liliput   >:(

So tomorrow is now declared "International Mug-A-Bowler Day"   :-*

MC
Tuner/repairer, now retired, but still playing! Happy to offer advice on repairs etc., and might be persuaded to undertake the odd emergency job for local and longtime  customers. Selling a few melodeons from my collection currently....

Dazbo

• Mods and volunteers
  • Respected Sage
  • Danger MAD Here!
    • My YouTube Channel for melodeons, morris and folk in general
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »

Ian,

A couple of years ago when I got a Galotta Sport, which I think is about the same size or slightly larger, I found in Woolworth's a freezer type bag designed for six cans of beer that the box fits snuggly into.  The insulation gives it some padding and has an attached shoulder strap so it's good enough for what I want.
Ciao Bellow

Darren

IanD

• Too many melodeons...
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 05:18:38 PM »

I'm not sure sure how much smaller the Preciosa is than the Lilliput, but I got a gig bag for my Liliput from Eagle Music which fits it perfectly.  It was sold as a bag for a Castagnari Lilly.  I would guess if you added some extra foam lining it would be OK for the Preciosa.

Thanks. I've ordered one of those.

Ian
Oakwood Model 4 D/G, Castagnari Dony D/G/#, Castagnari Tommy G/C, Baffetti Binci D/G, Hohner Preciosa D/G, Melos Bb/Eb, Lightwave SL5 and Kala California fretless basses

mike delta

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 06:38:32 PM »

Hi,
I purchased a "Lily" bag from Eagle Music for my Preciosa. The bag is a little on the big size but is ideal for the Liliput (but with a 10mm condensed foam strip placed either front or rear). The bag by the way is well constructed and worth buying if you have a Liliput.
Still haven't found the "ideal" bag for my Preciosa. Maybe something maybe on offer at Whitby FW.
Mike.

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 07:23:23 PM »

Just bought one for my Lilliput - definitely a good buy. It will now be allowed out to play a lot more!

Andy
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal