Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saltarelle Duna/Laurentides  (Read 5356 times)

Andy Simpson

Re: Saltarelle Duna/Laurentides
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 12:05:20 AM »

but a 2 grand plus box should be spot on,

How did you arrive at that figure?. Why not £1,500?, why not £2,500?.

As long as a box isn't obviously out of tune and is playable with relative ease then I would deem that an adequate factory setup. Setting up a box is such a finicky and painstaking operation and you simply can't expect an instrument made in a factory, even an expensive one, to receive the amount of time and effort a professional tuner puts in to get it just right; especially so when a "perfect" setup for one player is "not quite right" for another...

The only time I'd think it reasonable to expect a new box to be spot on is if you've directly discussed your requirements with the person making, or at least tuning, it.

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
Re: Saltarelle Duna/Laurentides
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 08:36:49 AM »

Hi,
As I said above,reeds still need time to settle in and after 6-8 months of playing the tuning should be checked.
There are so many variables,air humidity when instrument made,reed blocks will alter with this change,also temperature,we recently flew a box over from Italy,a couple of hours in an aircraft hold at minus whatever,when I opened the box it sounded like a right bag of spanners,took 2 days to settle down.

Pete
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal