Discussions > Instrument Makes and Models

Roland fr18 diatonic accordion - user group

(1/139) > >>

DaveW:
A good friend suggested a restart on this thread, since the other was getting a bit convoluted.

I took delivery of one of an fr18d last Thursday, since then I have been busy trying to get to grips with its delights. Seems to me v. good but you need several things to get the best:
Time - two music stands - one for the instruction book - a sympathy with computers files or knowledge of synths and other studio devices - patience. This is not for the faint hearted. It may also be suited those with a tin ear, especially to start with

A calm discussion forum could also be an asset, especially if contributions were based on experience rather than speculation (no harm in speculation, but it ain't like someone saying 'I did it this way - and it worked')

So my initial contribution is this: I bought from Thomann UK Cyberstore, delivery about 8 days, The manual is in German. At the moment I cannot register the instrument with Roland UK.

Now ask me a question?

best wishes

DaveW

xgx:
I heard tell that the German ones have different programming...true or false not quite sure how you could work that one out not having a 'UK' one...

Let's hope this thread remains 'user group' !!  Maybe the mods could do a bit of housekeeping if necessary?

Thanks for starting a clean thread ;)

I had a friend round to sample the box... it worked well for me 'cos I could look at the destructions and see what was happening on the box... learned a few more bits... long road ahead :Ph

howard mitchell:
For some reason the user manual is not on the UK site but you can download it in English from http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/om.cfm?PRODUCT=FR-18D

There is a system upgrade and the tablature maker on the UK site at http://www.roland.co.uk/products/productdetails.aspx?p=1147

Howard

DaveW:
Thanks Howard  and XGX

I have downloaded and printed the manual and various on-line things like Tablature maker.

As for the 'built in tablatures' being foreign. I had the following advice, if you take tablature 11 which is supplied in GCF I think, use the procedure to change the key to A and there you have a three row ADG melodeon, complete with the usual bassesand it worked like a charm.

summerstars:

--- Quote from: DaveW on June 27, 2011, 01:09:50 PM ---
As for the 'built in tablatures' being foreign. I had the following advice, if you take tablature 11 which is supplied in GCF I think, use the procedure to change the key to A and there you have a three row ADG melodeon, complete with the usual bassesand it worked like a charm.

--- End quote ---

Wish I had known that 3 months ago - would have saved me a lot of work and heartache -

Has anyone succesfully ugraded the software with the patch on the Roland Site?  When I tried it crashed the machine and it had to go back to Roland for a reset  -  however I must say that their customer service was second to none!  -  they collected the day I phoned them (last tuesday - and redelivered it back on the thursday) and had it back to me within 48 hours

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version