Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roland fr18 diatonic accordion - user group  (Read 96051 times)

Arthur Marshall

Re: Roland fr18 diatonic accordion - user group
« Reply #620 on: November 29, 2016, 10:35:32 AM »

Last question, honest... do you know if there's a download somewhere of a tab layout for a standard Irish type B/C/C# layout?  I found one on here in an early thread but it uses a different bass button layout and the tab designer baffles me.

EricJamesWhite

« Reply #621 on: December 06, 2016, 06:58:21 PM »

I received some information from a friend of mine regarding a couple of new Sound Expansion downloads provided by Roland:

If you want to get your own copies of the Alpine and Orchestral sound expansions, which both contain their own files specific to the FR18D then you can download them from
Roland – FR-4x | V-Accordion https://www.roland.com/global/products/fr-4x/downloads/

German Hohner Pokerwork, Hohner Club 3M, Dino Baffetti Carnival 3, Sandpiper Curlew, Hohner Atlanta (Midi), Hyde Alchemist (Midi), Roland Fr-18 (Midi)

Joyce Stclair

« Reply #622 on: March 01, 2017, 09:41:23 PM »

Hi There, Have just got a Roland FR18, and have been reading Manual over and over!!!!
Have now got it up and playing, however CANNOT get it connected to my Ketron  AUDYA 4 module.
( I also have a Paolo Soprani with midi which I have no trouble  connecting and playing with Audya 4.Simple just plug it in.)

Are there any simple instructions as how to do it, Local music shop doesn't have a clue, have been asking everyone in England and Ireland that I know,  sent messages to Roland and Ketron etc no joy!!!!  What am I doing wrong? Would be very grateful for any help. or know anyone else I can ask ?

Cheers Koyce

Howard Mitchell-Borts (Mitch)

• Regular debater
    • Howard Mitchell
« Reply #623 on: March 01, 2017, 09:59:15 PM »

Check that you're using a midi cable not a audio DIN cable and that it's connected from the fr18d to the MIDI IN on your arranger.

The default setting on the Fr18 is midi out but check this, page 50 in the manual.  I assume that the arranger will listen to midi channel 1 but you can change the channel assignments, see page 47, 48, 49.

The fr18 transmits bellows pressure as midi expression messages so you have to move the bellows to get any output.

Mitch

Saltarelle Pastourelle III D/G, Hohner Erica D/G, Hohner Club II Victoria C/F, Dallape C/F, Hohner Corso A/D, Bertrand Gaillard G/C, Sagne 1 1/2 row in D, Roland FR18D, Wheatstone concertina C/G, Andrew Norman Concertina G/D, Lachenal Baritone concertina C/G, Wheatstone Baritone English concertina, Double Bass, Bridge Cetus Electric Upright Bass.

Joyce Stclair

« Reply #624 on: March 07, 2017, 06:59:29 AM »

Thank you very much  for the suggestion. I think I have tried everything,  but will have another  look now and try again . Cheers

JohnAndy

• Regular debater
  • John Barber
« Reply #625 on: March 12, 2017, 12:26:02 AM »

I now have an FR-18, bought recently from Pauline of this forum via the Buy and Sell area  (:)

I have quite a specific purpose in mind for this instrument - I want to use it as a tool for checking alternative keyboard layouts. I aim to set it up with alternative keyboard layouts and then see if that layout really works for the tunes that I like to play.

First step will be to configure it to something like the layout on my existing melodeon, then to try a simple change such as a Dutch reversal, then maybe some more wacky ideas that I have in mind!

Long term aim would be to decide on a layout that I prefer, get an ordinary acoustic melodeon made up to that layout, and then I would probably sell the Roland on.

Up to now I've got as far as working through the user manual and more or less figuring out how it's supposed to work. There are a couple of things that don't quite add up in that info, so my next step will be to read through this thread and try to pick up some of the accumulated wisdom - maybe that will provide answers to my doubts - if not, I'll ask!

Joyce Stclair

« Reply #626 on: May 11, 2017, 11:54:29 AM »

Still Struggling with FR18, Decided to ask if anyone knows anyone who can give face to classes.  I am willing to travel  but preferably either in East Anglia,or Kent or Sussex and of course willing to pay!!      Regards Joyce
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.