Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small 2/half row 12 bass, who makes them?  (Read 2343 times)

mber

Small 2/half row 12 bass, who makes them?
« on: August 04, 2008, 07:01:07 PM »

I'm looking for smallish 3 row with 12 basses.
I have nice large Hohner Overture 4, but I can't take it with me everyday to practice at lunch time, and don't have time at home, minus it only has 8 basses.
2 row Pokerworks of mine are only diatonic with 8 basses, nice, small and good sounding - can't play ALL the music I want.
So the options are G/C/half row like the Serenellini, but smaller, or G/C/C# with 12 basses.
What would be the reasoning of choosing half row of accidentals vs. full row half step up? Why would you choose 5 button accidental row or 10 button C# (or it's equivalent)?
What else is available in small size? Used or new, I'll go for it. I'd prefer 3 voice(MML) versioin, but if it's C/G based, 2 voice will do just fine.
Thanks.

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
Re: Small 2/half row 12 bass, who makes them?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 09:48:09 PM »

What else is available in small size? Used or new, I'll go for it. I'd prefer 3 voice(MML) versioin, but if it's C/G based, 2 voice will do just fine.

Not particularly tiny, but smaller and lighter than a Serenellini 273: http://diato.org/loffet_accordions.htm#GEB  Nice boxes, had a go on a couple during a visit to Bernard's shop last year.

mber

Re: Small 2/half row 12 bass, who makes them?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 10:02:11 PM »

Thanks. I checked with him a few months back. The prices for 3 voice are ridiculously expensive at the moment. I'm in the US. The 2 voice has a potential.
But what configuration is more preferable for people and for what reasons: 2/half or 3 with one half step up?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal