Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loffet chromatic  (Read 21083 times)

Andy in Vermont

• Mélodie
    • Melodeon Minutes (blog)
Re: Loffet chromatic
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »

[...] I never thought there was any lack of clarity on his website regarding provenance. The website states very clearly that he works with a cabinet maker who is a friend and that the rest of the parts are a mixture of theirs and those that are bought in from elsewhere.

Obviously this horse isn't dead yet, because people continue to misunderstanding it: the friend whom you mentioned does not make the standard series of boxes, just the Made in Brittany series.  Read Bernard's own posts here.  The website does not indicate the difference clearly, and it obviously continues to lead to misunderstandings such as the one expressed in your post.  

P.S. your box sounds great.  FYI all chromatic button accordions can do the drones you mentioned, not just the Loffet.

Lyra

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2011, 12:33:05 AM »

..snip...  The website does not indicate the difference clearly, and it obviously continues to lead to misunderstandings such as the one expressed in your post. 

Umm... it does, at least in the French version. It was abundantly clear to me when I ordered mine. And the man himself told me some hilarious stories of trips to suppliers in Italy. So misunderstandings they may be, but no more than that. And the petit chromatique IS part of the made in Brittany series.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2011, 07:28:37 AM »

May I suggest any confusion in the english version be brought to Bernard's attention rather than complained about here. He has moderate English probably baccalaureate only, and these things happen. I'm sure they will be sorted quickly enough.

Some imagination is needed in the English version of the van der Aa site too, and has anyone ever  tried to set up a video machine from the translated Japanese instructions  ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 07:30:15 AM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

Andy in Vermont

• Mélodie
    • Melodeon Minutes (blog)
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2011, 01:35:36 PM »

May I suggest any confusion in the english version be brought to Bernard's attention rather than complained about here.

Chris, didn't we already confirm that Bernard is aware of the problem, and did he not tell us that he would change the website?  The reason the "complaints" need to be here is to prevent a repetition of the partial misinformation expressed with such confidence and authority by the post that re-awakened the thread.

Bernard Loffet

• diato.org
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2011, 03:31:59 PM »

May I suggest any confusion in the english version be brought to Bernard's attention rather than complained about here.

Chris, didn't we already confirm that Bernard is aware of the problem, and did he not tell us that he would change the website?  The reason the "complaints" need to be here is to prevent a repetition of the partial misinformation expressed with such confidence and authority by the post that re-awakened the thread.

Andy,

Take time to check my website, and I have clearly stated everything this summer.
If you didn't check it from this summer, please do it before writing more misinformation.
http://diato.org/loffet_accordions.htm : Under the title of each range you will find helpful information for everybody.
My "Graet e Breizh" range melodions are made in Bretagne in our workshops from design to tuning.
My "Pro range" melodions are designed, assembled and tuned in my workshop using craftsman's high quality Italian pieces.
My "Student range" melodions are designed, assembled and tuned in my workshop using craftsman's high quality Italian pieces.

And sorry if my English is bad, I invite you to debate with me in French.
Bernard Loffet, crafstman (someone who works with his hands - and ears)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:48:21 PM by Bernard Loffet »

Bernard Loffet

• diato.org
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »

P.S. your box sounds great.  FYI all chromatic button accordions can do the drones you mentioned, not just the Loffet.

Andy you don't read correctly what people write.
No, all chromatic button accordions cannot do the drones the way Joel Stewart mentionned it.
Bernard

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2011, 05:36:50 PM »

We are just going over old ground here so this topic is now closed.

Bernard, thank you for making your position clear. 
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal