Discussions > General Discussion

My "new" Club--ebay can be great

(1/2) > >>

Randal Scott:
I just received this in the mail--bought it just a few days ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=260273464541

It's nearly pristine, sounds/plays great and tuning is just a wee out on a few notes, but very acceptable.  Bellows are as tight and clean as can be.  I gotta say--ebay can be such a tremendous experience if one is careful--particularly with melodeons (and tenor banjos).  I'd like to encourage others to pursue the acquisition of such glorious instruments on ebay, especially beginners needing cheap instruments.  Simply be cautious--it's a great solution for folks like me who live in the outback. :)

BruceHenderson:

--- Quote from: catty on August 15, 2008, 12:35:31 AM ---I just received this in the mail--bought it just a few days ago: (snip)
--- End quote ---

Great.  Looks like a solid instrument (not that you can tell much by what something looks like on EBay ...).  What did the key turn out to be?  It has more "third row" keys that is common - any idea what notes they are and how they fit into the keys on the main rows?

BH, NC USA

Randal Scott:
Yeah, it's nice when they turn out to be as solid as they appear.  It's in the key of LOUD...and heavy (Bb/Eb).  Don't know much about the third row yet (::))...'tis my first Club, and I'm not accustomed yet to much third rowing except on my anglo concertinas.

TomB-R:
Apart from the keyboard layout charts on this site, presumably everyone knows about the wonderful resource for Club players at

http://www.delaguerre.com/delaguerre/pedagogy/club/index.html

I certainly second that Ebay is a load of fun, but I think that's how you need to look at it. It's a very "wise" market, not much gets missed.  You've either got to be spending "entertainment" money that you can afford to lose, or make sure you don't go bidding too far ahead of the crowd, that way you've got a chance of recovering some of your money if you decide to sell the "item" on.

Pete Dunk:

--- Quote from: BruceHenderson on August 15, 2008, 01:07:25 AM ---It has more "third row" keys that is common - any idea what notes they are and how they fit into the keys on the main rows?
--- End quote ---

A 'half' row of seven buttons is normal on many of the club models. Keyboard layout is here.

Looks like a nice box, have fun!

Pete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version