Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting beastie  (Read 4621 times)

nemethmik

Re: Interesting beastie
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 09:59:36 AM »

I want an ultra small, ultra light 3 row 4 voice 48 bass. Ultra small, ultra light. About the size of Miklos' Co-op I would think. Not going to happen unless I make the thing myself and even then unlikely.
All that in ultra small, ultra light will mean compromising on the quality of sound.   Think of the difference in sound between a Mory and a Tommy, especially the bass.
The Cooperfisa Perla 300/A is light and small only when compared to other chromatic button accordions: it is 5.7 kg and of the size of a Hohner Corona/Club III/Corso. I used to have an 11-kg Borsini 4-voice LMMM for a number of months and to my surprise it was not much louder at all than the 2-voice Cooperfisa Perla 300/A. I was able to play the 2-voice Perla even louder than the Borsini, actually, because of the much ligher body, which made a more dinamic bellows control possible, I think. I've already sold the 11-kg monster, definitely not my style. Now I am for a 3-voice LMM CBA that is less than 7 kg.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 10:38:27 AM »

Ah, Miklos, it all depends on the context!   For me a Hohner Corona is big and slightly heavier than I would want to play.   I'm used to a two voice diatonic which weighs about 3kg!
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 10:53:54 AM »

I want an ultra small, ultra light 3 row 4 voice 48 bass. Ultra small, ultra light. About the size of Miklos' Co-op I would think. Not going to happen unless I make the thing myself and even then unlikely.

All that in ultra small, ultra light will mean compromising on the quality of sound.   Think of the difference in sound between a Mory and a Tommy, especially the bass.

There now that should open the can of worms into the hornets nest. ;D

Or think of the difference between a Club IIB and a Preciosa :P I would say "altering" rather than "compromising"! It would require a lot of experimentation to see how small it could go without the basses sounding pants.
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal