Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finger chart for an old Hohner Erica  (Read 1686 times)

Michael B

• New Starter
Finger chart for an old Hohner Erica
« on: September 05, 2011, 08:40:21 PM »

Goodevening,
I'm looking for a finger chart for an old Erica that I just brought back to life!
I belive that it's a B/C# with 25 buttons on the voice side. I would appreciate any help that you fine people might offer.
I will learn how to play this and find a street corner to make a couple of bucks in my retirement Ha Ha!
Michael B

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Finger chart for an old Hohner Erica
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »

There are various keyboard charts[url-=http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/page,keyboard.html] here[/url]

If it is 25 buttons on the treble side it is likely to be an Erika   (with a "k") rather than an Erica which is a different model with 21 treble buttons.

Its very unlikely to be B/C# unless its been converted.  If you can see B/Es printed on one end of the treble keyboard then that is German for Bb/Eb which is one of the tunings this model was made in.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 11:08:04 PM »

There are various keyboard charts[url-=http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/page,keyboard.html] here[/url]
There are various keyboard charts here
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band

Michael B

• New Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 12:52:03 AM »

Gentlemen,
I thank you both for your assistance,I found the chart that I can use.
Theo, you where correct,upon a closer look, I can make out a "B/Eb" stamp on the treble side. I had mistaken it for"B/C#" and,yes,it's "Erika" with the "k".
I'm not sure how old the instrument is but the name "Hohner" and "Erika" is in red and outlined in Gold.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal