Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharon sHANNON MAGNERS uK TOUR LINK  (Read 3350 times)

Gary

• Respected Sage
Sharon sHANNON MAGNERS uK TOUR LINK
« on: August 19, 2008, 09:10:21 AM »

At last she is performing at a location near me..Inverness in November. Heres the link for the tour dates.
http://www.myspace.com/magnersirishsessions

Dunny

• Regular debater
Re: Sharon sHANNON MAGNERS uK TOUR LINK
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 11:09:47 AM »

Gary, thanks for your info on this - as a result I went to see her at Birmingham last night. What a great night, makes me realise how much I've got to learn though!!

The ONLY spoiler was the smelly drunk who loudly talked to his mate through virtually all of the set - makes me wonder why they went  >:(  oh, and the large lady who thought we could all see through her...........

Gary

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:52:11 AM »

Glad you enjoyed the concert Dunny, I luckily decided to get  to the venue early and watched the band doing a sound check. This also gave me a chance to get several items signed by Sharon including the inside of my melodean. I took my best photos of the band at the sound check. The actual concert was  a letdown,spoiled by a 90 minute wait in a standing room only packed bar which was actually the venue and as a result I could only see the tops of the bands heads. The sound was ok.

She is booked for Celtic Connections in Glasgow early 2009 so I hope to get a chance too actually see the band play.  I cant afford to fly to Dubai golf festival for the next  Sharon Shannon gig !

Meeting Sharon and having a quick chat was the best part. Its not a fault of the band that the venue was packed.

flipper

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 01:46:35 AM »

If she is appearing at Celtic connexetions in Glasgow then it may be on BBC Alba which you can watch on sky television channel 168. Since finding this channel a few weeks ago by accident we have become hooked especially good on Friday and Saturday evenings when the show extracts from any of the celtic festivals that have been taking place. This is the BBC's celtic chanel so all is in gaelic but it has good subtitles and who needs subtitles for good music. Highly recomend it
Sue
Sue,
Dino Baffetti D/G, Weltmiester B/C

petefoth

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 05:43:16 PM »

If she is appearing at Celtic connexetions in Glasgow then it may be on BBC Alba which you can watch on sky television channel 168.
Also available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_alba
Drink Coffee: Do Stupid Things Faster with More Energy!

Gary

• Respected Sage
Re: Sharon sHANNON uK TOUR new dates
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 05:12:13 PM »

New tour dates here
http://www.daisydiscs.com/ss/tour.html
Includes a visit to Inverness in April but I will not be going because Shane MacGowan is a guest artist and he just does my head in !
Manchester gets some dates in April.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal