Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Stats  (Read 1354 times)

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
Forum Stats
« on: October 09, 2011, 06:23:22 PM »

Idly browsing the forum stats, I note we have 1476 members, of whom 1663 joined between February and June this year (835 in June 2011 alone). Shum mishtake, shurely?

Andrew Wigglesworth

• My website
Re: Forum Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »

Idly browsing the forum stats, I note we have 1476 members, of whom 1663 joined between February and June this year (835 in June 2011 alone). Shum mishtake, shurely?

Spambots I should think. The stats will be showing those who "joined" but were subsequently wiped off the system by Theo et al.

It's something I have daily experience of, sadly it comes with the territory these days.

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »

Spambots I should think. The stats will be showing those who "joined" but were subsequently wiped off the system by Theo et al.

It's something I have daily experience of, sadly it comes with the territory these days.
Ah, so these statistics, like many others, are scarcely worth the screen they're displayed on.

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 06:45:25 PM »

The number of current members means something, but I suppose the number e.g. who have posted more than once in the last month might also means something different and useful.

Or the total number of postings per <unit of time> would give a measure of activity which could be compared with the same some time in the past.

I know some people when read melodeon.net and aren't members One I'm thinking of is a fiddle player who I see regularly, and he often makes remarks that show he knows what's going on here.
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 07:18:31 PM »

That is indeed the explanation.

I know some people when read melodeon.net and aren't members

Now that prospective members have to contact me to join its quite common for them to explain that they have been following us for some time and now want to contribute.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

offthewall

• fraserology
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 10:17:29 PM »

:-[
May I add, here, that I have been a member for some months now but do not post very often.
As a folk music enthusiast I am often disappointed that I have difficulty with the melodeon, because of arthritic hands, but I am avid in my appreciation of this worthy site.  :Ph
In the short time I have been here I have been introduced to all sorts of fabulous musicians, and their insights into the music.   :|glug
So, I apologise if I am one of those 'statistics' that mess up the natural order of things  ;D

;)
James
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal