Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeon tuition - Nr Doncaster, Gainsborough, Worksop and other places close by  (Read 2345 times)

Simon Douglas

• New Starter

Hello everyone.  I have not played my melodeon for some time and would like to return to it, eventually joining a band.  I'm not a real beginner but just need someone to teach and help me get back into playing.  Play D/G English music.

I live near Retford.  Any suggestions very welcome.

GuyWyatt

• Respected Sage

There is an irregular group that meets in Sheffield that benefits from the guidance of Brian Peters. Not really tuition as such. The usual pattern is that we each turn up with a tune or two that we have beeen working on for some constructive criticism and advice. The emphasis is on DG. I am not sure when the next one is. THey tend to be less frequent over the summer due peoples commitments.
Send me a private message if you are interested.
Guy

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping

That's good advice from Guy. I can vouch for Brian's Sheffield melodeon group - it's a great way to learn. However it's possibly a bit far to travel for you. Again - a PM to me would be helpful if you want more details.

There is someone else on this forum who is based in your general area and who may be able to help you find some tuition. I'll let that person respond....

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:29:38 PM by Steve_freereeder »
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

mikesamwild

• Melodeon, Button Accordion, Anglo Concertina

has the Music Room put out John Spiers FolkAcademy DVD yet? The Gina Le Faux fiddle DVD is excellent
Mike in Sheffield

If music be the food of love -who finds the time?

Lin Leighton

• Regular debater
  • Castagnari Tommy/ Dino Baffetti BP

OK  "That" person will respond, Steve  :D

i know someone who lives and teaches in Retford itself. please PM me for details if you are interested
Lin
Lin(Rattlejag Morris)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal