Discussions > Instrument Design, Construction and Repair

Bellows making question

(1/3) > >>

Telemorris:
I'm planning to make bellows for my mini-melodeon project. I've finished the folding of the card stock and will probably cut the pieces this weekend.

What type of material do I use to attach the corners together? Paper, cloth, ?? and what weight of paper or cloth?

I've purchased the leather diamonds from Charlie at CGM. After that comes the paper and tape, all easy to find.

Thanks,

Ed

Emi nabius:
Hi, did you figure it out? I'm with the same problem here! If you could help me i would be very grateful! Thank you (:)

Emi nabius:

Hi, i'm making some bellows and I'm trying to attach the corners together. I tried with paper but it brokes when pulling (just testing) and i cant use it in my bellows. So this is my question:
What type of material do I use to attach the corners together? Paper, cloth, ?? and what weight of paper or cloth?
Thank you all

diatonix:
I'll try and answer your question even if I'm not quite sure whether I fully understand it...  You have to pull the 4 sides out to a reasonable length and attach the outermost folds to a specially designed frame. Only then does it make sense to connect the corners. I use small pieces of masking tape. Hope this helps...

boxcall:
Kinda like this guy’s doing ??  He’s revamping them here but some of the process may apply.
I’m not sure if it is approved materials, but should give you some idea of process.
I only watched the first two videos, but I guess you would use the real frame or make a template of the size needed, attach the paper card to it ( how?) then you can expand it as needed to fill corners, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Ogyho0xow&list=PLJQT3kKkuqDHdxB4Y4Xmu8QkQiEotwAzR&index=1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version