Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CyberGlitch???  (Read 4189 times)

Bobtheboat

• 'On the cut' near Lichfield, UK
CyberGlitch???
« on: October 29, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »

Hi all,
Every time I'm going to the 'write a post' page a little cartoon appears with the devil and a melodeon and the caption 'welcome to hell, here's your accordion' (it's there now!) Is this only happening to me?? Is it a hacker thing?? Bob.
'Rowbotham Erika Extraordinaire' (12 bass + stop G/C/acc), Hohner Liliput Bb-Eb. Castagnari Rik G/C/acc

Reedwarbler

Re: CyberGlitch???
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 05:10:29 PM »

Hi

Do you get this when replying to a post or when creating a fresh thread?

Steve

Bobtheboat

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 06:35:17 PM »

Both!!!! He's there again now!!!
'Rowbotham Erika Extraordinaire' (12 bass + stop G/C/acc), Hohner Liliput Bb-Eb. Castagnari Rik G/C/acc

Reedwarbler

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 06:43:41 PM »

I don't see this when I reply to a post ???

Bobtheboat

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 09:13:14 PM »

I refreshed the page and it's gone!! Wierd!!!

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 12:17:44 AM »

Next time it happens please capture a screenshot and email it to me and I'll investigate.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 09:15:23 AM »

I haven't experienced Bobtheboat's problem, but for the last two or three weeks every time I log on to melnet using Internet Explorer a pop-up tells me that IE has had a problem with this website and has had to close it and reopen it. It only takes a second or two to do this and the reopening also seems to work fine, so there is no real problem, but there does seem to be an underlying glych that does not occur with any other website or webgroup that I visit.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 04:00:49 PM »

Still having the same irritating little problem (see previous post). It only happens when entering melodeon.net. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 04:03:59 PM »

Bob, have you tried clearing IEs cache and browsing history?   Often solves this sort of niggle.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 06:46:44 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, Theo. I have followed your advice and will hope that it has solved the problem.

Bobtheboat

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 10:45:59 PM »

Hi, cleared my iPhone cache and it stopped..... For a few days. I then had a silhouette photo of somebody appearing in different places on various pages. That stopped for a couple of days now I'm getting similar again but this time it appears to be a photo of someone's bookshelf with some accordion player ornaments!
I've remembered to get a screen shot this time,would you still like me to email it to you Theo? It's not something that's bothering me or affecting use of the site but I am intrigued! Bob.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 12:30:38 AM »

I haven't experienced Bobtheboat's problem, but for the last two or three weeks every time I log on to melnet using Internet Explorer a pop-up tells me that IE has had a problem with this website and has had to close it and reopen it. It only takes a second or two to do this and the reopening also seems to work fine, so there is no real problem, but there does seem to be an underlying glych that does not occur with any other website or webgroup that I visit.

Despite clearing the cache and the browsing history, my problem still persists. However, it is only a minor irritant, so I will just put up with it.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 09:36:38 AM »

I've remembered to get a screen shot this time,would you still like me to email it to you Theo? It's not something that's bothering me or affecting use of the site but I am intrigued! Bob.

So is this happening on the iphone or a PC?
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 09:53:16 AM »

Hi all,
Every time I'm going to the 'write a post' page a little cartoon appears with the devil and a melodeon and the caption 'welcome to hell, here's your accordion' (it's there now!) Is this only happening to me?? Is it a hacker thing?? Bob.

Gotta be a hacker - though with a better refined sense of humour than most.  Suggest next time it happens you 'File..Save page As' and send the result to Clive or Theo. The little devil graphic will have a URL/SRC attribute that might lead somewhere. If that's on melnet server .. we've been truly hacked.  :-\
  _       _    _      _ 

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »

Despite clearing the cache and the browsing history, my problem still persists. However, it is only a minor irritant, so I will just put up with it.

You could always try using a proper browser instead, that might cure the problem :P
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 10:57:43 AM »

Hi all,

Gotta be a hacker - though with a better refined sense of humour than most.  Suggest next time it happens you 'File..Save page As' and send the result to Clive or Theo. The little devil graphic will have a URL/SRC attribute that might lead somewhere. If that's on melnet server .. we've been truly hacked.  :-\

Yes that is a good suggestion,  though in the complete absence of other reports of this problem I still expect this to be a local problem on Bobtheboat's computer or iphone.

You could always try using a proper browser instead, that might cure the problem :P

Took the words right out of my mouth.

IE has such a long track record of being buggy, insecure and generally not very good, and there are several much better browsers available for free.  Firefox seems to be the current top of the pops.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:59:25 AM by Theo »
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Bobtheboat

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 05:58:01 PM »

As I'm on a boat out int' sticks I'm usually online on my iPhone as there's no 'band' here at all let alone broadband!! I'm not sure if the problem is my end as I'm a techno duffer but it seems unlikely to me due to the accordion related nature of the pictures that appear and because I don't get this on any other sites. Bob.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »

Do you get the same thing on your iPhone and on your PC?
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Bobtheboat

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 09:20:43 PM »

I'll check it out on my laptop at the weekend and let you know. Bob

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »

So far twice ive tried to view this site on y phone and its told me im a spambot and won't let me in (using wap) but then another time its let me in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal