Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low Treble keys instead of accidentals  (Read 987 times)

ndsailor

Low Treble keys instead of accidentals
« on: November 01, 2011, 09:46:19 PM »

I have a two row melodeon in G/C with low key setup.  Does anyone know of a three row melodeon set up with low keys at the top of the key scale instead of the high accidentals, or is this something that can only be achieved by modification of existing brands.
Rick Robinson     Bismarck, North Dakota - USA

Steve C.

• Erica, Laura, Morse Anglo
Re: Low Treble keys instead of accidentals
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 12:24:26 AM »

Hello Richard:

You are asking if there are 3-rows with low notes (i.e. no accidentals at chin end of each row?

If that is the question, answer is definitely yes, you will see lots of references here on melnet to GC# for example, where the 3rd row is all accidentals.

Lots of set ups with 3rd row accidentals.

If you are asking, as an example, of a GCF with no accidentals at the chin end, I have never heard of this as a factory set up.

However, you can have anything retuned any way you want it, and also order custom, also any way.

There are some real gurus on the site, and perhaps one will have a more comprehensive answer.

Latest almost trend is having low notes AND accidentals at the chin end.  Look for threads on "anahata layout".
Located in Central North Carolina, USA; credit for picture: livingplanet.ca

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 08:05:10 AM »

I have a two row melodeon in G/C with low key setup.  Does anyone know of a three row melodeon set up with low keys at the top of the key scale instead of the high accidentals, or is this something that can only be achieved by modification of existing brands.

Usually yes you would have to modify an existing instrument, but it is not a huge job to change the reeds for three buttons.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:13:23 PM by Theo »
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

ndsailor

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 03:11:09 PM »

Thanks for the replies folks,  I appreciate it.  I may have mine modified for the low scale notes to replace the accidentals at the chin side.
Rick Robinson     Bismarck, North Dakota - USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal