Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spaced or Subliminal learning  (Read 3269 times)

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
Re: Spaced or Subliminal learning
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 12:19:32 PM »

Ellisteph: I think playing the tune you want to learn before parking up is a good point. I've not always conciously tried to do it, but now you mention it, I think you're right.
It reminds me - Donkeys years ago, a colleague of mine would loudly hum a tune, then disappear downstairs, only to return a while later with a mischeivious grin on his face. After a while, I worked it out. He's hum a tune, disappear then return *knowing* I'd be humming it when he got back!

As George says, I've often heard at a session someone play a tune and somewhat confused " what tune was that?" and have had it happen to me too...... somehow unconscious absorbing of a tune then makes it's way to the fingers.
This 'seeding' of a tune into the memory is quite curious and if we can use it to our advantage, all well and good.

Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal