Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AKG C516ML mic and Wireless rigs for accordions  (Read 2395 times)

MandoC

• Respected Sage
    • Swing Dogs Contra Dance Band
AKG C516ML mic and Wireless rigs for accordions
« on: November 30, 2011, 09:07:03 PM »

My last question about this mic and a specific wireless system was apparently too specific. A lot of people looked at it but no one commented.  So now I am asking what people think of this mic in general for mic'ing an accordion. Also I am asking if anyone uses a wireless rig of any kind to connect to a sound system. I play at contradances and our various callers all use wireless mics to good effect. For mandolin, I like a stationary mic, but for some reason, I am considering a wireless system for the accordion. In the US, I could get into the C516ML and the AKG Mini for about $300.00 (since I do not yet play much bass, especially in a band with a piano). Any one have opinions?  Thanks Charlie
Charlie Hunt
Mandolins and now, B/C Button Accordion)

Swing Dogs Contra Dance Band, Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/SwingDogs

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
Re: AKG C516ML mic and Wireless rigs for accordions
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:22:54 PM »

I used to use the C416 - the earlier model.  They were good when new, but vulnerable to the feet of other passing band members.  After a couple of times, I had to reinforce the base of the goosenecks where they broke off which entailed resoldering the minute signal wires each time and I started to get a few pops and crackles.  I was considering getting a wireless sender for it and as the power pack supports both treble and bass mics, it would have sent the combined signal just the same.  The only reason I didn't get it was that the cut-price outlets couldn't/wouldn't confirm what frequency it operated on and I didn't want to end up interfering with the caller's mic.

I now use two C1000s on short stands, but I miss being able to wriggle around or turn to abuse the rest of the band!

Rob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal