Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeon Heaven this coming Weekend.  (Read 2896 times)

C age ing

• Respected Sage
  • New fangled melodeon?
Melodeon Heaven this coming Weekend.
« on: September 08, 2008, 12:25:57 PM »

Sunday 14th September 2008, The Mayor's Thames Festival. It's all right, Boris inherited it from Ken.

Rees is playing, heavily disguised as Joe le Taxi and the Zydeco Band at 5 pm according to the programme.
In Rees' preferred Six Five Special speak, "Be there or be square." The hand actions were mandatory whilst reading that.

Rees is followed after a workshop by Chris Hall who in comparison, is fairly sane and will roll out R. Cajun and the Zydeco Brothers at 7 pm.

Should the Capital's River be a trifle too far, do not despair. The sexiest melodeon player of all time is playing at Malcolm's Ceilidh.
Details sent on receipt of a considerable donation.
Enjoy.
My Erika is as old as me. Luckily, it is not as decrepit.

GuyWyatt

• Respected Sage
Re: Melodeon Heaven this coming Weekend.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 08:40:32 AM »

If any of you are at the Thames Festival you may see the World Famous Hammersmith Morris Men dancing up and down the South Bank, together with Silkstone Greens (a women's North-West side). Smiths will supply some astonishing melodeon playing from Ian Dedic (IanD of this forum), and Greens will supply some rather dodgy melodeon playing from myself amongst others.
Even if you dont go for the music the whole event is a complete hoot and worth the trip to London.
Cheers
Guy

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:03:51 AM »

Bummer!  Our side got invited only two weeks ago and we already have that rare event - a paid gig.  Have fun guys!

Maybe next year... ?

C age ing

• Respected Sage
  • New fangled melodeon?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »

Must apologise to Rees for not being there, was at the Brickyard, called in late as a back up mechanic to a 250 team and then they cancelled the race.
Hope it went well and promise to catch you next time you're in the Smoke. What is your preference in soft fruit?
Old, knackered and highly miffed Bill.
My Erika is as old as me. Luckily, it is not as decrepit.

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 01:38:38 PM »

What a merry time we had down that London. It was a good day out with Z Funk, Petit et La Grosse, Joe le Taxi and R Cajun providing the music all day long.
Those four bands are the business in UK Cajun and Zydeco terms.

Nectarines preferred and if you're throwing bottles make sure they're full ones.  ;)
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal